Before You Begin
This tutorial shows you how to create an Oracle Java Cloud Service instance and supporting database by using a QuickStart template. This tutorial takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. The typical wait time to provision your new instance is 30 to 60 minutes.
Last Updated: September 2017, Release 17.3.5
With Oracle Java Cloud Service, you can quickly create and manage a Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) application environment in the cloud, without installing and configuring any software yourself. The environment is based on Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Database.
What Do You Need?
To get started, you need valid credentials for an Oracle Cloud account that has an active subscription to Oracle Java Cloud Service. See How to Begin with Oracle Java Cloud Service Subscriptions.
Access the Service Console
- Sign in to Oracle Cloud.
- On the Dashboard, click Create Instance.
- Below Quick Start Services, next to Java, click Create.
Create a QuickStart Instance
- Enter an Instance Name. For this tutorial, enter
MyJCS. If the QuickStart feature is not available in your account, follow this tutorial instead: Creating a Custom Oracle Java Cloud Service Instance.
- Below one of the available templates, click Create:
- Simple Web App (2 OCPUs)
- Multi-Tier Java EE App with High Availability (5 OCPUs)
- Highly Available Java EE App with Caching (6 OCPUs)
- Click Download. Save the archive file to your machine. It contains:
- The username and password that you use to administer Oracle WebLogic Server
- The system password that you use to administer Oracle Database
- SSH keys that you use to access the VMs that host your service instances
- Click Create. The Cloud Stack Console is displayed.
Monitor the Instance Creation
- Verify that the status of your MyJCSQS cloud stack is
Creating Service. A cloud stack is a group of Oracle Cloud resources that are created as a single unit.
- Click the stack name, MyJCSQS.
- Periodically, click Refresh on the right side of the page until the status of the MyJCS instance is no longer
- Click MyJCS to view and manage your new Oracle Java Cloud Service instance.
Tip: To return to the cloud stack at a later time, click the Dashboard menu , and then select Oracle Cloud Stack.
Want to Learn More?
- Product tour video
- QuickStart documentation
- Tutorial: Deploy an application
- Tutorial: Create a custom service instance
- More tutorials