In this tutorial, you monitor your database using Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Express.
Time to Complete
Approximately 30 mins
This tutorial shows you how to perform some of the monitoring operations using Enterprise Manager Database Express.
The following is a list of software requirements:
- Oracle Database 12c
Before starting this tutorial, you should:
- Install the sample schemas
- Complete the other tutorials in this series
Monitoring Performance Using the Performance Hub
The Database Home page enables you to monitor the general state and workload of the database. In this section, you monitor the performance of a database using the Performance Hub.
Generating Some Database Activity
In this topic, you connect to the target database as the SYS user and run a
script to generate some activity in your database. Unzip
this file to a working directory.
Using the Performance Hub
In this tutorial, you learned how to:
- Use the performance hub
- Oracle Database 2 Day DBA 12c Release 1 (12.1)
- Lead Curriculum Developer: Salome Clement
- Other Contributors: Bert Rich
To help navigate this Oracle by Example, note the following:
- Hiding Header Buttons:
- Click the Title to hide the buttons in the header. To show the buttons again, simply click the Title again.
- Topic List Button:
- A list of all the topics. Click one of the topics to navigate to that section.
- Expand/Collapse All Topics:
- To show/hide all the detail for all the sections. By default, all topics are collapsed
- Show/Hide All Images:
- To show/hide all the screenshots. By default, all images are displayed.
- To print the content. The content currently displayed or hidden will be printed.
To navigate to a particular section in this tutorial, select the topic from the list.