This tutorial introduces you to Oracle Enterprise Manager Express, a Web-based interface for managing an Oracle database.
Time to Complete
Approximately 30 minutes
Oracle Enterprise Manager Express enables you to perform administrative tasks such as managing user security and managing database memory and storage. You can also view performance and status information about your database. In this tutorial you will perform configuration steps to enable you to access Enterprise Manager Express and view the Database Home page.
The following is a list of software requirements:
- Oracle Database 12c
Before starting this tutorial, you should:
- Have installed Oracle Database 12c.
Configuring the HTTP Port
You can access Enterprise Manager Database Express using the
URL that was displayed during installation. The default port
used is 5011. In case you want to use a different port, you need
to configure the port using the dynamic protocol registration
method. After the HTTP port is configured, you use it to access
Enterprise Manager Express. In this tutorial, you will configure
Enterprise Manager Database Express to run on port 8080.
Accessing the Database Home Page
The Database Home page is the main database management page in Enterprise Manager Database Express. To access the Database Home page, perform the following steps:
In this tutorial, you learned how to:
- Configure the HTTP port for Enterprise Manager Database Express
- Log in to Enterprise Manager Database Express
- Access the Database Home page
- Oracle Database 2 Day DBA 12c Release 1 (12.1)
- Lead Curriculum Developer: Donna Keesling
- Other Contributors: Bert Rich
To help navigate this Oracle by Example, note the following:
- Hiding Header Buttons:
- Click the Title to hide the buttons in the header. To show the buttons again, simply click the Title again.
- Topic List Button:
- A list of all the topics. Click one of the topics to navigate to that section.
- Expand/Collapse All Topics:
- To show/hide all the detail for all the sections. By default, all topics are collapsed
- Show/Hide All Images:
- To show/hide all the screenshots. By default, all images are displayed.
- To print the content. The content currently displayed or hidden will be printed.
To navigate to a particular section in this tutorial, select the topic from the list.