This document will continue to evolve as existing sections change and new information is added. All updates appear in the following table:
22 NOV 2017
Created initial document.
Please take a moment to join the Cloud Customer Connect forums for EPM Cloud services. Oracle Cloud Customer Connect is a community gathering place for members to interact and collaborate on common goals and objectives. This is where you will find the latest release information, upcoming events, or answers to use-case questions. Joining takes just a few minutes. Join now!
Note: The Settings and Actions menu now contains a link to Cloud Customer Connect. To access this link, from the Home page, click the down arrow next to the user name (in the upper right-hand corner of the screen), and select Cloud Customer Connect.
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments on Friday, December 1, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, December 15, 2017, starting at 14:00 UTC-7 (2:00pm Pacific Time). The updates will be applied to your environments during the first daily maintenance occurring after this time.
The Oracle Help Center, which provides access to updated documentation, will also be available on December 1, 2017.
You can now select data source substitution variables in the member selector in management reporting grids. Substitution variables are variables that are defined at the EPM Cloud or Essbase data source that serve as a placeholders for specific members that change regularly. For example, you can use the variable CurrMonth to represent the current month (Jan), and you can insert it as a member selection in a report.
You can now access Oracle Customer Cloud Connect directly from Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud by clicking the User Assistance icon. Oracle Customer Cloud Connect is a community gathering place for members to interact and collaborate on common goals and objectives.
You can now set options for locale, thousands and decimal separators, and unit of measurement at the report package level. These settings are applied to all embedded content from both Excel-based and Management Reporting reference doclets, as well as reference variables that are sourced from Excel. However, they do not apply to any manually-entered content or static variables.
Smart View for Office 188.8.131.52.720 will be available by early December. This version includes new features such as:
- Enhanced extension update workflow, allowing you to select a server or service from which to check for updated extension downloads (all services)
- Option to automatically resize column width and row height on cells in Enterprise Performance Management Cloud forms and ad hoc grids (all services)
The Smart View 184.108.40.206.720 Readme, available on the Help Center at the time of release, contains a complete list of features and defects addressed in this version. You must install this version to ensure compatibility with the December 2017 update features and to access the new functionalities. See “Downloading and Installing Clients” in Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Users for instructions.
The Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting 17.12 extension update is now available. This update provides a smoother process for connecting locally stored doclets to Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud where you simply open the doclet, reconnect to Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud, Refresh, and then Sync.
The 17.12 extension is compatible with Smart View 220.127.116.11.700, Smart View 18.104.22.168.710, and Smart View 22.214.171.124.720.
Starting with this update, Service Administrator and end user “getting started” information for all EPM Cloud Services is available from these new guides:
- Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Administrators
- Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Users
Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Administrators contains information on the tasks that Service Administrators can perform with EPM Cloud Services. This guide, which provides common administrative information for all EPM Cloud services, is now your primary source for tasks related to EPM Cloud administration, including managing users and roles, setting up single sign-on, and backing up and restoring environments. This guide replaces these guides:
- Using Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud
- Getting Started with Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud
- Getting Started with Account Reconciliation Cloud for Administrators
- Getting Started with Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud for Administrators
- Getting Started with Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud
- Getting Started for Administrators for Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud
Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Users introduces end users to Oracle EPM Cloud and provides information that enables them to quickly become proficient. This guide replaces these guides:
- Getting Started with Account Reconciliation Cloud for Users
- Getting Started with Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud for Users
- Getting Started for Users for Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud
Links in the Cloud Help Center and Oracle Learning Library have been modified to direct users to these guides. Please change your personal bookmarks and shortcuts so that they point to these new guides.
We welcome your comments and suggestions to improve the content of the What's New document and the product documentation. Please send us your feedback at . In the body or title of the email, state that you are inquiring or providing feedback, and indicate for which EPM Cloud service as well as the monthly patch cycle.
Check this list again for the latest information when the update is applied to your test environment.
Excel reference doclets with a large number of named ranges now correctly display all named ranges in Add Embedded Content in Smart View.
You can now set options for locale, thousands and decimals separators, and units of measurement at the report package level and have these settings correctly apply to all embedded content from both Excel-based and Management Reporting reference doclets.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Management Reporting.
- When importing a Management Report together with its related data source, the data source needs to be edited to add the data source's administrator credentials. Otherwise, previewing the Management Report without the proper data source credentials results in a service error.
- When uploaded for use with Management Reporting, Microsoft Internet Explorer requires installable fonts. If custom fonts are not installable, then Internet Explorer will substitute a different font. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox do not require installable fonts.
- In a Management Reporting grid member selector with an EPM Cloud data source, if 'Show in Hierarchy' is selected for a shared member, a 'member not found' error will be received before displaying the hierarchy location.
- In Internet Explorer version 11, you cannot resize text objects. Use Chrome or Firefox instead.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Report Packages.
- Previewing a report that has a PowerPoint style sample with a custom slide that has numbering starting at zero will display an error.
- Workaround: Download the PowerPoint style sample document and change the numbering on the Slide Master to start with one, instead of zero. Then, edit your report package properties and select the updated style sample document.
- Inactive report packages with available content will display an “undetermined content” icon. Once the source file has been refreshed, the proper available content type icon will be displayed.
- When you add embedded content that contains internal hyperlinks to a report package, if you select Download Preview to view the document, the hyperlinks within the embedded content do not open when clicked.
- When creating embedded content, if you use the horizontal text alignment format Center Across Selection in Excel, the selection does not carry forward into the embedded content when the doclet is embedded in Word. The text remains within the original cell.
- When you insert a reference variable value that references a document that was created using Word 2007, a line break is inserted in the text, creating an extra line.
- If an Excel worksheet uses a double-line bottom border on the last row of a named range, an extra row appears in the embedded content within a consuming doclet.
Workaround: To achieve the same visual layout, use Merge cells and Center align to align the text in the merge cell.
Workaround: If you encounter this issue, delete the extra line.
Workaround: To work around this issue, try one of the following options:
- Do not use a double line bottom border in the last row of a named range, but select an alternative bottom border.
- Navigate to a cell that is below the named range, and add dummy text or a blank space. You can then upload and check in the reference doclet. When the embedded content is generated, the empty row is no longer included.
- Resize the row below the row that contains the double-line bottom border. You can keep the double line border in the last row intact, but resize the next row to be very small (but not hidden). Click any cell in the relevant row and choose Home, then Format, and then Row Height and enter a small value such as 2 or 3. The extra space is included in the embedded content, but it has a minimal impact.
Workaround: To work around this issue, create the slide by adding the content directly to the slide rather than use a layout with place holders.
Workaround: If a user enters a fully qualified URL format (for example, http://www.oracle.com) within the Rich Text Editor, the URL link will open within a new browser tab.
Workaround: Click “Refresh Comments” or click the Content Selector refresh button to display the comment correctly.
Workaround: Check out and download the affected doclet. Then, change the heading style of the heading that was numbered incorrectly to a different style, and then change it back again (for example, from Heading 3 to Body Text and then back to Heading 3). Then, upload and check the doclet back in.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Smart View.
- In Word 2016, 32- or 64-bit, when you close a document, Word stops responding (displays the spinning wheel) until you either click in the ribbon area of the interface, or press the Alt key.
- On Microsoft Windows 10 with Office 32- or 64-bit, in the Add Report Content dialog, range names display incorrectly.
- Workaround: Go to the Control Panel, then Display, then click the link for “Set a custom scaling level” and ensure that the setting in the “Custom sizing options” dialog is 100%. If it is not, set it to 100%, and then log out of Windows and log back in.
- A connection created in one language cannot be used if Smart View is changed to a different language.
- When downloading a new Smart View extension from Microsoft Internet Explorer, the filename extension defaults to .ZIP instead of .SVEXT. This prevents you from being able to double-click to install the extension.
- When any of the allowable special characters are used in a report package name (such as commas, semicolons, or ampersands), there may be a discrepancy between how the name displays in the library tree and how it displays in the Report Center panel.
- If you have open or close bracket characters in an Excel reference or supplemental doclet, Excel changes the brackets to parentheses when you save the file.
- When you upload an Excel reference doclet with many named ranges, not all of the named ranges are listed as available content.
Workaround: Create multiple private connections using the Add Connection Wizard. Before creating each connection, change the Smart View language display (in the Options dialog box, Advanced tab, Language drop-down list). Then, follow the instructions in “Using the Private Connection Wizard” in the Oracle Smart View for Office User's Guide.
Workaround: When Internet Explorer prompts you to save the file, choose “Save As”, change the Type to “All Files”, and then change the extension from .ZIP to .SVEXT. Then, double-click the downloaded file to install the extension.
Workaround: Upload the doclet and then go to the web and add the embedded contents within the doclet inspect dialog.
- Using Firefox ESR 52.4.2 with Smart View:
Mozilla Firefox has phased out support for XUL-based add-ons such as Smart View. Only add-ons and extensions built with new web extension technology will work in newer versions of Firefox. Therefore, Smart View 126.96.36.199.710 and newer only supports Firefox versions up to ESR 52.4.1. If you want to continue using Firefox with Smart View 188.8.131.52.710 and newer, do not upgrade your Firefox browser.
If your Firefox browser is set to automatically install updates, Oracle recommends changing the setting to “Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them.” See the Firefox help for instructions on changing this setting.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Smart View for ad hoc analysis.
- When users sign in to the service for the first time, they will be prompted to change the password. Oracle recommends that users sign in first to the web to change their password before connecting through Smart View.
- An error occurs if an Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service ad hoc grid created with Smart View release 184.108.40.206.600 is opened with Smart View release 220.127.116.11.520.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Disclosure Management.
- Bidirectional language functionality is not supported in Disclosure Management for this release.
- When publishing a taxonomy in Taxonomy Designer, you must enter the full path for the ZIP file when specifying the location to publish to. An error is displayed if you specify the ZIP file name only without the path.
Copyright © 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This document is provided for information purposes only, and the contents hereof are subject to change without notice. This document is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We specifically disclaim any liability with respect to this document, and no contractual obligations are formed either directly or indirectly by this document. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Intel and Intel Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All SPARC trademarks are used under license and are trademarks or registered trademarks of SPARC International, Inc. AMD, Opteron, the AMD logo, and the AMD Opteron logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.