Oracle Exadata allows enterprises to run any Oracle Database workload with the highest performance, scale, availability, and security on fully compatible cloud and on-premises infrastructure. Exadata uses a scale-out design with unique optimizations that include persistent memory, SQL query offload, and built-in resource management to optimize performance for OLTP, analytics, machine learning, and mixed workloads running in consolidated environments. By running hundreds or thousands of optimized Autonomous Database and Exadata Database instances on Exadata Cloud or Cloud@Customer infrastructure, customers are able to minimize their infrastructure, reduce management, improve developer productivity, and lower total costs by up to 40%.
Watch the Exadata video (2:07)
Missed the event? Learn how to simplify data-driven apps and analytics and get the most out of your data from the experts and architects behind Oracle Database.
Find out how Oracle data management solutions, including Exadata Cloud and Autonomous Database, help banks, insurance companies, and other financial services firms run mission-critical transactional and analytics applications with the highest performance, scalability, availability, and security.
Learn why Constellation Research says Oracle Exadata cloud and on-premises solutions increase customer value with seamless workload mobility.
Oracle Exadata allows customers to run Oracle Database with the same high performance, scale, and availability wherever needed. Workloads easily move between on-premises data centers, Cloud@Customer deployments, and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, enabling customers to modernize operations and reduce costs.Deployment options for enterprise databases
Running the fully managed Oracle Autonomous Database Service on Exadata infrastructure in OCI allows organizations to rapidly develop cloud native applications and eliminate the management of infrastructure and database software. Using Exadata Cloud@Customer infrastructure in customer data centers extends these benefits to help address data residency, security, and latency concerns.Video: Introducing a new low-cost entry point for Autonomous Database in customer data centers (10:26)
Oracle Exadata’s scale-out architecture allows organizations to independently configure compute and storage to optimize database performance and create data warehouses with up to 32 PB of capacity. In addition, Exadata Cloud@Customer enables organizations to run Autonomous Database and Exadata Database services concurrently in their data centers with the lowest SQL latency for OLTP applications and the highest SQL throughput for analytics and machine learning workloads.Press release: Oracle Introduces Exadata Public Cloud X9M
Organizations can reduce total costs by consolidating Autonomous Database and Exadata Database workloads on the same Cloud@Customer infrastructure to reduce complexity and consume fewer resources.Read Talcott Resolution’s story
Oracle Exadata Database Service and Oracle Autonomous Database Service running on Exadata Cloud Infrastructure allows customers to easily move enterprise applications to the public cloud. Organizations can take advantage of unique Exadata hardware and software optimizations along with the simplicity of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to achieve the highest performance, scale, and availability for Oracle Database. Advanced cloud automation, dynamic resource scaling, and flexible subscription pricing enable customers to run database workloads faster and with lower costs.
– Oracle Cloud Infrastructure automation allows customers to quickly provision databases and manage them throughout their lifecycle, increasing productivity.
– Database-transparent persistent memory (PMem) integration reduces SQL read latencies to as low as 19 microseconds, allowing applications to support more transactions with lower costs.
– Independent provisioning of database server and storage resources allows customers to increase efficiency and lower costs by using only the resources needed for current workloads.
– Scale-out support for 8 to 8,064 vCPUs with up to 44 TB of database server memory allows customers to consolidate more databases within a single service, increasing operational efficiency and lowering costs.
– Intelligent storage servers that offload SQL processing from database servers and deliver up to 2.88 TB/second of scan throughput allow customers to generate deeper data-driven insights with up to 3.1 PB of uncompressed databases and 31 PB of compressed data warehouses.
– Flexible subscription pricing with online scaling of vCPU consumption enables customers to tightly control costs and meet peak requirements without interrupting operations.
– Dedicated infrastructure increases workload isolation and security.
Oracle Exadata Cloud@Customer is the simplest way to move an organization’s business-critical Oracle Database workloads to the cloud. Built using the latest Exadata technology, it simultaneously runs Oracle Exadata Cloud Infrastructure and the automated and fully managed Oracle Autonomous Database Service inside customers’ data centers and behind their firewalls to help meet strict data residency and security requirements.
– Secure deployment behind customers’ data center firewalls enables enterprises to meet data residency, security, and latency requirements
– Running Oracle Autonomous Database Service and Exadata Database Service concurrently on the same Cloud@Customer infrastructure allows customers to efficiently consolidate workloads in their data centers and develop new applications
– Infrastructure owned, managed, and maintained by Oracle allows customers to eliminate capital and management expenses, while running Autonomous Database Service eliminates most DBA manual management tasks
– Database-transparent PMem integration reduces SQL read latencies to as low as 19 microseconds, allowing applications to support more transactions with less infrastructure and lower costs
– Flexible storage scaling with up to 763 TB of capacity allows customers to cost-effectively support larger consolidated database workloads, including up to 6.1 PB of data warehouses with hybrid columnar compression
– High performance with up to 22.4 M SQL read IOPS and 540 GB/s of throughput for analytics and machine learning allows customers to accelerate IO-intensive databases while consolidating diverse database workloads
– Flexible subscription pricing with automatic up-and-down scaling of vCPU consumption enables customers to tightly control costs and meet peak requirements without interrupting operations
– Operator Access Control allows customer IT teams to address concerns about Oracle remote management by authorizing, limiting, monitoring, and controlling all remote infrastructure management by Oracle
Oracle Exadata X9M allows customers to lower costs by reducing the amount of resources needed for OLTP, analytics, and consolidated Oracle Database workloads. Exadata X9M runs Oracle Database with the highest performance, scale, and availability, improving operating efficiency while simplifying management workloads.
– A complete, integrated solution with built-in high availability and monthly full-stack patching allows IT teams to reduce system management while improving security
– Database-transparent PMem integration reduces SQL read latencies to less than 19 microseconds, allowing applications to support more transactions with less infrastructure and lower costs
– Up to 27.6 M SQL read IOPS and 1TB/s of analytics throughput per rack enable customers to increase OLTP throughput and accelerate data-driven insights while consolidating diverse workloads
– Highly configurable systems that scale from an eighth-rack to 12 racks allow customers to minimize the cost of meeting current database consolidation needs and easily expand resources to address future requirements
– Unique capabilities, such as SQL query offload to intelligent storage servers and automatic indexing, allow customers to scale application performance with minimal tuning by DBAs
– High-performance, in-database machine learning allows developers to add new capabilities to existing applications without integrating external services
“Oracle Cloud Infrastructure was undeniably the clear choice. There is no better solution for databases than Exadata, and Oracle is the only cloud that offers it.”
Senior Program Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure Group, 7-Eleven
“Oracle fits into [our] strategy and complements our existing journey. There will be applications staying in the on-premises world, and we need to invest in simplifying them. It fully supports our cloud strategy, supports consuming technology as a service, and comes with significant financial benefits.”
Head of Technology, Data and Innovation, Deutsche Bank
“We have implemented nearly 300 Exadata systems for our customers in manufacturing, financial services, construction and engineering, and public and private sector services. Aligning with our digital innovation strategy and our journey to enterprise cloud, we have now adopted the first Exadata Cloud@Customer in one of our data centers and look forward to deploying Oracle Autonomous Database.”
Dr. WP Hong
CEO, Samsung SDS
“We are undergoing an important cloud transformation to improve our environmental, social, and governance practices. Using a multicloud strategy, we are the first carrier in Brazil to move 100% of our workloads to the cloud. It includes moving our customer billing system, our CRM and VMware workloads to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.”
CEO, TIM Brasil
“I’m glad we made the decision to move the Oracle E-Business Suite instance to OCI. It’s one of the best decisions I have been part of in my 23 years at FedEx.”
Vice President of IT, FedEx
“We were dealing with Solvency II, cloud guidelines IT governance, GDPR, and more. Staying compliant with these rules consumes an important part of the budget and workload at the expense of innovation projects. However, a generation of new technology, especially around data, represents a huge opportunity for LALUX as an innovation enabler.”
Head of IT Department, LALUX
Simplify private database clouds and increase developer productivity by running Autonomous Database on Exadata Cloud@Customer in customer data centers.
Run OLTP applications faster and reduce costs with up to 98% lower latency and 10X more IOPS than other cloud database services.
Operate data warehouses faster and gain new insights with Oracle Exadata: on-premises or in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Concurrently run autonomous and non-autonomous databases on the same Oracle Exadata Cloud@Customer, increasing consolidation efficiency while reducing both management and consumption costs.
Take advantage of the best of multiple clouds by running applications on Microsoft Azure or other clouds and high-performance databases on OCI.
“There’s strong validation from the industry analyst community that these new capabilities will have a material, positive impact on the productivity of application developers and overall operational efficiency. Enterprises will be able to cut costs and increase innovation while maintaining data residency and security in their data centers.”