Aguas Pacífico SpA designs, finances, builds, and operates seawater desalination plants in Chile and abroad. the Aconcagua Project which will supply 1,000l/s of desalted potable water for industrial and residential purposes. Aguas Pacífico looked to Aconex to elevate the company’s project management: both in terms of operational execution and cost management.
“Aconex allows us to work in a reliable and safe way, knowing that the information we are using is correct; improving the timing & quality of internal decisions.”
- Information dispersed between the working team and their different systems: computers frequently had old versions of documents and physical documents were still frequently used but not easy to locate
- Lack of consistent order or structure to the documentation across organizations meant that document versions and drawings were difficult to control
- Reporting required a significant amount of time to collate relevant information from multiple sources and it was hard to ensure completeness of reporting
- Aconex instills internal order to project management: both in terms of operational execution and cost management
- Centralized, standardized, and codified information align the working team.
- Unrivaled total control over the project: across both external and internal teams working simultaneously from multiple locations
- Reporting is quick, easy, and agile to produce: enabling measurement of progress against critical milestones
- The audit process is anticipated to be 50% faster, more complete and produce better results than the process would have through a manual process, since all documents and drawings are easily accessible through Aconex
- Documents and drawings can be found in just a few clicks. It is much faster than using the past process
- Assurance of correct versioning and consistent access to the right documents has improved quality and decreased disputes
- Quality inspections are anticipated to take half the time compared to doing inspections via a traditional paper-based system because documents are organized and easily located in the cloud
- Traceability of documents significantly reduces execution timings and facilitates optimal control of the project