“By standardizing the systems with Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud following a major acquisition, we gained a single platform to manage end-to-end business processes and increased operating efficiency. The automation also helped us drive better customer experience and support growth at a lower cost.”
- Support growth plans by consolidating ASG’s legacy Oracle E-Business Suite and SMS’ Microsoft Dynamics systems into an integrated platform for financials, HR, and project management to improve operating efficiency, increase scalability, and lower costs
- Improve talent management by enabling managers to quickly review employee performance metrics and identify development areas, such as training plans for IT consultants
- Enhance user experience by automating financial processes and enabling instant access to information, such as contract billing for IT projects
Why ASG Group Chose Oracle
"Oracle is our strategic partner, so it makes sense to adopt Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud and develop our own implementation capabilities. The solutions also offered integrated, end-to-end functionalities and minimal customization, so it fits well with our needs."
—Stephen Pacecca, General Manager, Finance, ASG Group
ASG used an agile approach to manage the implementation of Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud. The project team first worked with the consultants to define the business needs and then conducted a series of sprints to define the design. ASG also performed data mapping, derived a communication plan, and rolled out user training. It completed the entire project in seven months, on time and within budget.
“If you’re making the change to cloud, just embrace the new way cloud allows you to streamline your efficiency rather than replicating your on-premises systems in the cloud,” Pacecca said.
“Using the same Oracle umbrella for both ERP and HCM applications helped to ensure seamless integration and provide full visibility into business processes,” said Mark Ryan, General Manager, People and Culture, ASG Group.
- Reduced HR staff workload by one day per week and enabled employees to focus on valuable projects by providing managers with the self-service option of Oracle HCM Cloud to view and track staff performance or salary review data rather than requesting the information from HR
- Condensed the days required for month-end closing by using a single Oracle Financials for Midsize Cloud Service to automate end-to-end financial processes—from contract billing to accounts receivables and invoicing—and eliminate the extra step to consolidate data from different systems
- Supported exponential growth without increasing back-office resources by moving to a flexible and robust Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud to streamline business processes and simplify ongoing maintenance work
- Empowered managers and employees to track past and current performance details, such as task completion and review rating, with Oracle Performance Management Cloud Service and Oracle Workforce Compensation Cloud Service supporting a meaningful conversation during the evaluation
- Improved the customer experience by easily configuring the invoicing, timesheet, or project profitability reports based on customer frequency, such as weekly or monthly, and ensuring accurate and timely data with Oracle Fusion Project Financials Cloud Service and Oracle Fusion Project Contract Billing Cloud Service
- Increased workforce data accuracy by seamlessly linking the employee information in Oracle Human Capital Management Base Cloud Service with third-party applications, including a resource management system and an expense system
- Enhanced decision making and improved staff retention by gaining the ability to easily generate real-time reports via the dashboard of Oracle Talent Review and Succession Management Cloud Service, helping line managers quickly identify issues, such as high turnover rate in the first six months, and take immediate action to retain talent
- Ensured efficient HR processes by sending automatic email alerts—including probation and contract finishing date—to HR team and managers and assisting them to take faster action, such as notifying the immigration department with the list of departing employees within the required timeframe
- Improved user experience by providing employees at ASG with an intuitive interface and single sign-on capability for Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud