Constance Hotels, Resorts & Golf cuts time-to-hire from 62 to 35 days and reduces costs significantly by consolidating recruitment on Oracle Cloud.
Constance Hotels, Resorts & Golf (Constance Hospitality Management Ltd) owns and operates several luxury hotels and resorts around the Indian Ocean. Each property traditionally managed its own staffing requisitions and candidates with limited tools. This made it difficult to quantify the effectiveness of staffing processes, manage recruitment advertising and agency spend, and share candidates across the group. Constance Hotels was looking to centralize all recruitment activities in order to standardize processes, optimize the candidate pool, and reduce staffing costs.
“With Oracle TBE Recruiting Manager Cloud Service, we reduced time-to-hire from 62 to 35 days, reduced cost significantly, and enabled total visibility on the recruitment activities for each of our hotels and resorts. In addition, we significantly improved the candidate experience, strengthening our reputation as an employer of choice.”
- Reduce cost-per-hire across all hotels and resorts by minimizing reliance on external staffing agencies and optimizing use of advertising spend
- Minimize recruitment administration time and manual, paper-based processes to shorten time to hire in a hospitality industry with high employee turnover and fluctuating staffing requirements
- Enhance employment brand by providing a better candidate experience, with more personalized communications to all applicants, and ensure that each candidate is considered for positions across all group properties
- Increase recruitment transparency throughout the entire hiring cycle to provide better accountability on staffing performance, recruitment spend, and equal opportunities employment
- Optimize candidate management with a centralized candidate database and applicant tracking system for use by all hotels
We selected Oracle TBE Recruiting Manager Cloud Service because of its rich functionality as both an applicant tracking system and requisition management system, and its wide use and proven suitability for the hotel industry. The Oracle HCM Cloud environment perfectly suits our global approach to staffing properties in multiple destinations.
- Reduced cost per hire and time to hire significantly by standardizing and automating recruitment for hundreds of hotel staff per year—and providing a single candidate database for use across seven luxury hotels—using Oracle TBE Recruiting Manager Cloud Service
- Reduced average time to hire from 62 to 35 days, ensuring each property is always fully staffed to provide guests with the optimum experience
- Slashed cost per hire by centralizing candidate sourcing activities for all hotels on a single platform—reducing cost significantly—while also leveraging economies of scale on job board advertising
- Streamlined the talent acquisition function by deploying Oracle TBE Recruiting Manager Cloud Service for 126 internal users across seven hotels, in addition to 22 external staffing agencies—accelerating processes, harmonizing internal and external cooperation, increasing transparency, and minimizing recruiter administration time
- Enhanced employer branding by enabling candidates to apply for various hotel roles and keep track of their application progress through online dashboards—even from mobile devices—and by ensuring all candidates are informed of the reasons why they are not selected, through personalized communications based on a range of customized templates
- Reinforced the company’s reputation as an equal opportunities employer by using Oracle TBE Recruiting Manager Cloud Service to standardize the selection process and to provide full transparency on all recruiting activities—from advertising and candidate screening through interviewing and hiring decision making
- Reduced requisition approval time from 1 week to 24 hours using the automated processes of Oracle TBE Recruiting Manager Cloud Service instead of sending paper forms around multiple departments
- Supported sustainability goals by using automation on a unified platform to considerably reduce paper use in the recruitment process, envisaging a 100% paper-free environment within 2 years
- Enhanced candidate management by deploying a global platform where recruiters across hotels can easily share local and expatriate candidate profiles—which include application history, all candidate communication, and internal interview feedback from recruiters and hiring managers
- Enabled the company to accurately measure recruitment performance per role—for example, the number of applicants, applicant-to-interview ratio, time to first interview, and time to hire—and adjust candidate search strategies and internal staffing practices accordingly