The Swiss university reduces the time to consolidate financial information from 3 days to half a day across 6 applied sciences and arts schools.
“Moving to Oracle Accounting Hub Reporting Cloud Service and Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service was like switching from black and white television to high definition. We have full budget control, fingertip reporting, and accurate data and plan to move more functionality to Oracle Cloud.”
- Modernize business practices for the network of affiliated high schools with more accurate financial reporting and analysis against accounting information
- Accelerate financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting for better control and enhanced efficiency in running higher education
- Consolidate financial and analytical data using cloud solutions integrated with Oracle E-Business Suite
Why HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland Chose Oracle
“We chose Oracle in 1998 as the only vendor allowing for analytical accounting reporting, cost center management, and compliance with the Swiss government. We enjoyed an excellent experience with the company and plan to move to the Oracle ERP Cloud.”
—Sandra Bastow, Financial Business Analyst, HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland
HES-SO Geneva went live in one month with Oracle Accounting Hub Reporting Cloud Service and less than a year later, with Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service. Both were implemented by Oracle Platinum Partner, Kynergy. HES-SO Geneva stated that the user experience with Oracle Cloud solutions was better than on-premises, more intuitive and faster, involving fewer tests and less change management.
HES-SO received the first major update of Oracle Accounting Hub Reporting Cloud Service and continues to receive monthly updates to Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service. It worked with Oracle Partner, Kynergy to execute the project and train initial users from schools and the central finance organization.
- Cut budget preparation effort by 85% with Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service, reducing the time to consolidate financial information across 6 Applied Sciences and Arts schools from 3 days to half a day
- Gained improved insight into budget consumption and funds availability across the higher education network
- Enhanced budget monitoring, payroll efficiency, and period close across multiple federated but autonomous schools
- Gained predictive, data-driven analysis, continuous planning and budgeting, and real-time decision making using Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service synchronized with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Facilitated the consolidation of financial and analytical data within the six HES-SO schools by replacing error-prone spreadsheet practices with standard dashboards of Oracle Accounting Hub Reporting Cloud Service and Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service
- Provided decision makers at HES-SO Geneva and in schools with direct access to financial information from Oracle E-Business Suite via the dashboards, mobile self-service reporting, and multidimensional analytics of Oracle Accounting Hub Reporting Cloud Service
- Boosted efficiency and business visibility by using Oracle Accounting Hub Reporting Cloud Service to create configurable information portals for primary period financial close tasks, general accounting dashboards, a financial reporting center, and other accounting functions within the network of schools
- Improved user satisfaction by replacing manual processes with intuitive, mobile-ready user interfaces, reporting tools, drill-down capabilities, and key performance indicators
- Bolstered the introduction of new accounting standards and business rules for the higher educational members by centrally implementing Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service, initially in Geneva and probably rolling out across the organization in the future
- Improved corporate governance by adopting a single system for breaking down expenses per educational cost center, generating homogenous financial statements to Swiss government stakeholders with Oracle Accounting Hub Reporting Cloud Service
Kynergy Sarl, based in Geneva, Switzerland since 2002, provides skills and experience in implementing Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning and CRM solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises and larger corporations based in French-speaking Switzerland. In 2002, it helped HES-SO to implement Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Discoverer. Kynergy, an Oracle Certified Partner, continues to act as trusted IT advisor to HES-SO.