Established in 2011, Moda Holding is a fast-growing Mexican multi-brand clothing retailer. Created with the goal of becoming a diversified platform for the acquisition and operation of leading Mexican brands in the footwear, apparel, and accessories industries, the company controls two fashion labels, Zingara and Dorothy Gaynor, both of which have gained prominence nationally and internationally. The group has the backing of Nexxus Capital, one of Mexico’s most successful private equity companies.
“With Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service, we gained a high-performance, highly available, and scalable application without upfront infrastructure investment. We now produce detailed, reliable planning forecasts and have adopted a culture focused on greater efficiency and competitiveness.”
- Increase visibility into Moda Holding’s daily financial practices to support decision-making and gain the ability to compare results against projection calculations
- Establish a budget planning and forecasting culture within the retailer organization to promote business efficiency and accountability on all levels of management
- Provide CFO and senior managers with timely insight into business performance, such as profit margins by apparel piece and clothing brand
We chose Oracle because it offered a complete cloud offering with all the functions and capabilities we needed at a reasonable cost. We can now move the company toward a sustainable and successful future with systematized planning and credible forecasting.
- Implemented Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service to benefit from its intuitive, flexible workflow and plan management capabilities, supporting the company’s fast growing retailer operations in Mexico and internationally
- Introduced new competencies to users who can now access real-time financial data anytime and from anywhere through executive dashboards, empowering the company to respond faster to an ever-changing business environment—increasing finance staff productivity and satisfaction
- Supported faster and more accurate decision-making by using Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service’s scenario modeling feature to accurately analyze the impact of new labels and products added to the company’s inventory
- Enabled users with basic systems knowledge to benefit from the system’s built-in financial intelligence, robust reporting, and ad-hoc analysis capabilities
- Moved IT team members away from systems management thanks to a cloud platform, allowing the IT group to focus on business improvement and value-added projects
- Increased efficiency of budgeting processes with data consolidation and process standardization, eliminating manual input and reducing errors
- Reduced system-management costs by adopting a cloud solution that runs remotely in Oracle’s secure servers
- Gained the ability to scale the platform rapidly to match the company’s future goals
Moda Holding looked to Technolab, an Oracle Platinum Partner with extensive experience in business analytics implementations, for technical support for system configuration and data migration to Oracle’s cloud-based planning and budgeting solution.