Panduit provides solutions that connect, manage, and automate physical infrastructures. They worked with Oracle to optimize their transportation network, reduce transportation spend by 15%, and cuts overhead costs by 20%.
With operations in more than 120 countries, and an extensive network of distributors, Panduit is a world-class developer and provider of leading-edge solutions that connect, manage, and automate the physical infrastructure that supports power, communication, computing, control, and security systems. Its solutions for enterprise data centers, industrial construction, industrial automation, and original equipment manufacturers, maintenance repair and operations—include energy-efficient cabinets, copper and fiber systems, power and grounding solutions, intelligent hardware, control panel systems, high-speed cabling, cable routing, harness systems, and more. These solutions help customers integrate core business systems for a smarter, unified business foundation.
“Panduit leveraged the reliability, scalability, and security of Oracle Transportation Management Cloud Service to transform our transportation processes and to optimize cost, service level, and the supply chain network to efficiently deliver the most trusted customer experience.”
- Optimize freight management to deliver a superior customer experience and support continued growth across the company’s physical infrastructure management solutions
- Strengthen relationships with distributors with the ability to streamline shipments and provide timely updates on their location and progress
- Gain visibility via real-time dashboards enriched with full transportation analytics, increasing Panduit’s ability to transform its supply chain network
- Ensure a highly available and scalable transportation management solution to support the global business
- Reduce time and manual intervention required for the freight settlement process
- Accelerate time to value for new business applications and enable IT team to focus more time and resources on strategic business priorities
Panduit required a sophisticated transportation management system to enable it to optimize its global freight spend. Oracle Transportation Management Cloud enabled us to optimize our shipments through consolidation, enhance our in-transit visibility, automate our freight settlement, and leverage the application’s embedded analytics to improve our operational efficiency.
- Optimized freight spend through load consolidation, which enabled Panduit to send customers single designated shipments—reducing transportation costs by 15% with Oracle Transportation Management Cloud
- Cut transportation-related overhead by 20% by automating freight payment, billing, and auditing, and eliminating paper-based processes
- Reduced transportation-related procurement spend by 10% and increased operational efficiency by using Oracle Transportation Management Cloud’s analytics and logistics dashboards
- Gained complete visibility into the transportation lifecycle, from the time a product shipment—such as energy-efficient cabinets or power and grounding cables—leaves the warehouse, through delivery—empowering Panduit to alert customers if a shipment is stuck in transit, and improving customer service
- Benefitted from the latest product innovations and improvements via automated product and platform upgrades
- Ensured business continuity with the reliability, scalability, and security of Oracle’s cloud
- Streamlined transportation system management requirements with a cloud system, enabling Panduit to reduce the burden on IT resources and reallocate efforts to more strategic initiatives
- Accelerated deployment timelines, reduced IT capital costs, helped to control long-term cost of IT ownership, and achieved faster time to value with Oracle’s cloud
- Gained a single platform to manage transportation activities through the company’s supply-chain network