SQL Developer on OTN | Downloads | Documentation | Exchange | Forum
These release notes contain the following:
- Bugs Fixed
- Feature Enhancements
- Before You Start
Real Time SQL Monitoring:
- Single save button, now supports raw XML, HTML, and a PNGHTML export now includes Metrics graphs
- Availability of Other stats now indicated with a button on the report grid
- In-memory stats available, shown in a different color and an expanded toolbar message
- Columnar encodings stats from xml now included
Database Connection Dialog
- Simpler layout, connection name is separated from database username inputs
- Proxy User configuration moved up alongside database user area
- Advanced connection type is now Custom JDBC
- For any Oracle connection type, there is now an Advanced page you can use to set custom JDBC properties
- Cloud Wallet connections now support the Proxy defined in SQL Developer or a custom Proxy
- OCI:THICK connections can now be defined at the connection level, use the checkbox on the Advanced page, vs only for the entire application via preferences
Oracle Cloud Suppor
- SWIFT API credentials can now be used for doing Cart UPLOAD or Data Pump IMPORTS for Autonomous Database Cloud Services
Code Insight is now faster, more efficient!
Before You Start
- Oracle SQL Developer 19.1 release requires Oracle Java 8 or 9, with a minimum version of 1.8 update 121. Go here to download the latest version.
- If SQL Developer cannot find a local JDK, you will be prompted to enter the location path for the JDK. Note that the prompt wants only the folder, not the java.exe. For example C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_152.
- Java versions 10 and higher are not yet supported and will not work.
- Users with high DPI displays may have rendering issues with Java 9, and are encouraged to run Java 8.
- The Data Miner and SVN client features require Java 8, and will not work with Java 9.
- Oracle SQL Developer 19.1 is available for Windows 7,8,10 and Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux or Mac OS X. (See full Certification)
Installing or Upgrading
- All new releases of SQL Developer require a full installation. Download and unzip the file into an empty folder. Ensure the "Use folder names" checkbox is checked when unzipping the file.
Support & Feedback
Many of the features in SQL Developer are provided by other Oracle Database teams. Please use their respective OTN Community Spaces to provide feedback..
- For all Data Mining related queries, please use the Data Mining forum
- For all TimesTen related queries, please use the TimesTen forum
- For all OLAP related queries, please use the OLAP forum
- For all Data Modeler related queries, please use the Data Modeler forum
- For all Database Migration related queries, please use the Migrations forum