SQL Developer on OTN | Downloads | Documentation | Exchange | Forum
These release notes contain the following:
- Bugs Fixed
- Feature Enhancements
- Before You Start
- Oracle JDK 11 is now supported, although JDK8 is shipped for embedded windows JDK distribution
- Updated NoSQL 19.1.8 client drivers
- New Feature: Toggle Ansi/Oracle Joins refactoring in SQL Worksheet
- Data Export: Excel exports format DATES as DATES
- More custom syntax color styles
Before You Start
- Oracle SQL Developer 19.2 release requires Oracle Java 8 or 11, with a minimum version of 1.8 update 121. Go here to download the latest version.
- If SQL Developer cannot find a local JDK, you will be prompted to enter the location path for the JDK. Note that the prompt wants only the folder, not the java.exe. For example C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_152.
- Java versions 10 and higher are not yet supported and will not work.
- The Data Miner and SVN client features require Java 8
- Saving your connection passwords requires at least Oracle JDK 8u152 (for access to JCE jars)
- A BUG with Excel exports containing NULL DATE values causes the Excel file to be truncated, use CSV as a workaround or fall back to version 19.1
- Long connection times may be caused by a Code Insight BUG, disable auto-completion feature as a workaround.
- Oracle SQL Developer 19.2 is available for Windows 7,8,10 and Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux or Mac OS X. (See full Certification)
Installing or Upgrading
- All new releases of SQL Developer require a full installation. Download and unzip the file into an empty folder. Ensure the "Use folder names" checkbox is checked when unzipping the file.
Support & Feedback
Many of the features in SQL Developer are provided by other Oracle Database teams. Please use their respective OTN Community Spaces to provide feedback..
- For all Data Mining related queries, please use the Data Mining forum
- For all TimesTen related queries, please use the TimesTen forum
- For all OLAP related queries, please use the OLAP forum
- For all Data Modeler related queries, please use the Data Modeler forum
- For all Database Migration related queries, please use the Migrations forum