Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall Features
Database security posture management for Oracle Databases helps validate security posture and develop mitigation plans
- Offers a fleet-wide, simplified view of database security assessments, along with the security findings and associated risks.
- Define a security baseline and monitor deviations from your baseline security posture.
- Discover what types of sensitive data you have and where they are located. Use this information to monitor activity and define policies.
- Provide entitlement management to monitor individual user privileges and their drift.
- Identify changes to stored procedures.
Track data access and modifications
- Audit and monitor all types of activities: database, network-based SQL traffic, OS, active directory, REST, JSON, XML, CSV, and custom tables.
- Detect data exfiltration attempts from databases.
- Track before and after values for Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases with the associated primary key(s).
- Centrally manage Oracle unified auditing and STIG- and CIS-compliant Oracle audit policies.
Support forensic analysis and manage notifications
- Receive out-of-the-box reports for security and compliance regulations.
- See powerful, interactive reporting with multiple filters and generate PDF/Excel reports.
- Get immediate insight into the top user activities across multiple databases.
- Use the policy-based alert engine to get notified of suspicious activities.
- Use read-only auditor and improved separation of duty.
Manage unauthorized data access
- Multi-stage database firewall inspects SQL traffic to accurately detect and optionally block unauthorized SQL including SQL injection attacks.
- Powerful policy engine that detects unauthorized access to sensitive tables.
- Ability to easily profile an application’s behavior and block deviations.
- Trusted path enforcement to the database based on specific OS users, client programs, client IP, and SQL categories.
Simplified operational management
- Centralized management of AVDF deployment with embedded security.
- Highly scalable architecture with high availability and disaster recovery.
- Streamlined data retention with simplified lifecycle management.
- SIEM/Syslog integration along with FIPS 140-2 mode support.
- Agentless audit record collection for Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Automation through command-line interface.
- Minimal or predictable downtime during hardware or software updates and upgrades.