The Economist Reinvents Advertising Sales and Achieves 10:1 Campaign ROI
The Economist uses Oracle Marketing Cloud to move from mass communication to 1:1 communication using data to personalize the journey across channels, reduce costs by half, and amplify customer understanding for this iconic publisher.
- Growing readership and increasing paid subscriptions across all markets
- Re-establishing The Economist's original campaigning voice in the progressive reader’s eyes
- Organizing, parsing, and scaling massive amounts of third-party data to create advertising value
- Data management platform (DMP)
- Marketing automation with CRM integration
- 50% of campaign's initial target achieved in just nine days and 500% within 12 weeks.
- Cost of acquisition divided in half for a total of 8M re-targetable contacts.
- 64% increase in US brand awareness and over 22% rise in consideration in the US and UK.