National Instruments Corporation has played an integral role in some of the most important technological innovations in the world. NI’s test equipment and virtual instrumentation software help the company’s clients refine advances in robotics, 3-D printing, genomics, particle physics, renewable energy, mass transit, sustainable agriculture, and much more.
“باستخدام Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud، تمكنا من تغيير التوقعات داخل العمل. أصبحنا قادرين على الاستجابة بسرعة و إضافة قيمة متزايدة إلى العمل. يؤدي حل Oracle دورا جوهريًا في مساعدتنا على تحسين كفاءة أعمالنا بالسماح لنا بتركيز جهودنا على الشراكة مع الأعمال التجارية لتبادل قيم شركتنا الأساسية، والحفاظ على ثقافتنا أثناء مراحل نمونا.”
- Improve visibility into headcount and staff capabilities to optimize deployment of talent globally
- Accelerate and improve flexibility of human resources (HR) reporting while driving new efficiency into HR operations around the globe
- Maintain the company’s original culture as it looks to rapidly reach US$2 billion in revenue from its test equipment and virtual instrumentation software lines of business
- Expand HR’s role as a proactive business partner that helps advance growth and other strategic initiatives
- Ensure that the new HR solution is flexible, reliable, and that the company can manage it without additional burden on internal HR and IT teams
Why National Instruments Corp. chose Oracle
NI evaluated several solutions when choosing a new HCM platform.
“We were moving into the cloud from Oracle E-Business Suite, so we needed to do our due diligence. It came down to several factors. First, the solution is robust and the functionality that we needed was already in place. We like where Oracle is going with its HCM cloud platform and the speed at which it is progressing. Our ongoing partnership with Oracle was also an important consideration. We can easily say that Oracle has fulfilled its promise.”
—Wendy Cottrell, Global Human Resource Information Systems Manager, National Instruments Corp.
- Modernized and simplified NI’s HR systems infrastructure for the test equipment and virtual instrumentation software lines of business, and gained the ability to add new functionality more efficiently to support business growth—thanks to HCM Cloud
- Gained new levels of visibility into staff capabilities and global headcount—which requires an understanding of every staff member’s status, such as full-time or part-time employee, intern, or contractor—to optimize staffing
- Accelerated headcount reporting from six weeks to just one day and improved its accuracy to make more agile and informed business decisions, eliminating the need to query multiple systems and manually compile data
- Gained the agility to say “yes” to requests that advance ability of HR to fulfill its mission of developing and fostering talent globally thanks to improved information capture and reporting
- Implemented a flexible and robust platform that enables the company to support global recruiting, integrate with payroll more quickly, and make it easier for employees to access and manage information related to their employment
- Created a single source of record for all HR data globally and integrated the platform with Oracle E-Business Suite and a third-party payroll system
- Empowered HR to operate as a partner that can listen to the business and provide what it needs by delivering global employee data rapidly and increasing the efficiency of merit planning cycles
- Gained the ability to quickly configure the solution to changing needs, adding new fields in 30 minutes without IT team support or time-consuming coding
- Created a platform that will enable the company to improve its ability to recruit interns, an important pipeline for new engineers, and will empower NI staff to manage referrals similar to the way the sales team manages new business leads
- Set a foundation that will give employees greater visibility into new opportunities within the company and will allow NI to shift talent to where it needs to be, while fortifying and maintaining the company’s core culture