AlSafwa chose us over SAP, using Oracle Cloud ERP and SCM to automate supply chain and reporting processes on one platform.
“With Oracle Cloud, we automated our procurement and inventory processes on a single cloud platform with in-depth reporting on all commercial cement operations. Oracle Advanced Customer Services optimized our deployment and their services ensure that we always have expertise to resolve any issue.”
- Implement a new core business system—following AlSafwa’s strategic split from a conglomerate business partner—and ensure a smooth transition, optimizing processes for manufacturing and sales
- Improve customer service by ensuring that warehouses are optimally stocked and that staff can rapidly advise customers if there are any shipping delays
- Increase transparency by improving operational reporting, which previously required five employees developing customized management reports
- Minimize IT infrastructure costs
- Ensure high availability and maximum support for critical business systems
Why AlSafwa Cement Company chose Oracle
—Muhammad Bilal, Applications Team Leader, AlSafwa Cement Company
- Streamlined operations by implementing Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud and Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud for more than 100 employees
- Optimized technology investment with Oracle Advanced Customer Services
- Optimized stock levels and use of warehouse space with Oracle Inventory Management Cloud, capturing all stock received, on hand, and dispatched—including various types of raw materials and finished cements stored across multiple storage siloes
- Significantly improved inventory management, supporting more than 300 customer shipments per day
- Streamlined reporting with comprehensive, out-of-the-box reports—reducing the number of employees needed to develop and generate complex commercial reports from 5 to 2
- Reduced IT infrastructure costs by 60%, eliminating expenses for hardware and software maintenance and upgrades
- Increased visibility by providing managers with intuitive, real-time dashboards, including aged receivables, procure-to-pay cycle times, and cement sales by product
- Enabled customer-facing staff to accurately inform customers of current cement stock availability, and to immediately notify them of any potential shipment delays—for example, a supplier not delivering raw materials to AlSafwa’s manufacturing plant as scheduled
- Improved purchasing efficiency with Oracle Self Service Procurement Cloud, automating processes such as requisition approvals
- Accelerated their direct procurement with Oracle Inventory Management Cloud, enabling purchasing staff to immediately order raw cement materials when stock levels reach a minimum threshold
- Ensured smooth project completion and system adoption by engaging Oracle Advanced Customer Services to resolve all outstanding implementation issues—for example, building more than 300 test scripts as part of manual regression testing and providing documentation to assist with knowledge transfer
- Maximized return on investment with Oracle Advanced Customer Services, which provides continuous monitoring of critical processes, upgrade assistance, and complete functional support across all modules—including 24/7 support for severity 1 issues
For the phase-one implementation of its Oracle Cloud solution, AlSafwa selected Oracle Partner Mivors due to its experience in cloud deployments and digital transformations in Saudi Arabia.
“We chose Mivors after reviewing tenders from a shortlist of three competing vendors. Mivors consultants demonstrated flexibility and patience during the implementation, as we changed our desired Oracle Cloud footprint several times as new Oracle product features and functionality became available,” Muhammad Bilal said.