Note: Instant Client 12.2 is now available and is recommended for all environments.
Download it from here.
The 12.1 installation instructions are at the foot of the page.Version 184.108.40.206.0
Installation of ZIP files:
2. Unzip the packages into a single directory such as "/opt/oracle/instantclient_12_1" that is accessible to your application.
3. Create the appropriate libclntsh.so and libocci.so links for the version of Instant Client. For example:
cd /opt/oracle/instantclient_12_1 ln -s libclntsh.so.12.1 libclntsh.so ln -s libocci.so.12.1 libocci.so
6. Start your application.
Installation of RPMs:
2. As the root user, install the packages with "rpm". For example:
rpm -ivh oracle-instantclient12.1-basic-220.127.116.11.0-1.x86_64.rpm
3. Set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the appropriate directory for the Instant Client version, for example:
Alternatively, add this path to an ldconfig configuration file if there is no other Oracle software that will be impacted.
4. To use supplied binaries such as SQL*Plus, update your PATH environment variable, for example:
5. Start your application.