Deploy Oracle Database as a Docker Container in Oracle Container Cloud Service
Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 12c is now available as a container in Docker Store. Using Oracle Container Cloud Service's user friendly dashboard, you can deploy the Oracle Database Docker image to the Oracle Cloud in four simple steps:
- View the Oracle Database Setup Instructions in Docker Store.
- Sign-in to Oracle Cloud. Create an instance of Oracle Container Cloud Service.
- Use OCCS Console to set up registry for Docker Store.
- Use OCCS Console to deploy the Oracle Database container image in OCCS.
Let's get started.
- View the Oracle Database Setup Instructions in Docker Store:
- Log in to Docker Store with your Docker credentials.
- Search for 'oracle database' and select the Oracle Database Enterprise Edition image.
- Click through and accept terms if needed.
- View Setup Instructions.
- Note the name of the image. We will use it in step 4b.
- Note the default database password for the sys user.
- Sign-in to Oracle Cloud. Provision the Container Cloud Service.
- Use OCCS Console to set up registry for Docker Store:
- Click on Menu icon then Container Console to open the OCCS Console:
- Click on Registries, edit index.docker.io.
- Set the URL to index.docker.io/store and add your Docker account information for email, username and password. Validate and Save your information.
- Use OCCS Console to deploy the Oracle Database container image in OCCS:
- Click on Services, then New Service.
- Provide Image name (from the Docker Store Setup Instructions in step 1d) and other fields:
- Add database ports and Save:
- Click Deploy, accept defaults and deploy the database service.
- In a few minutes the Oracle Database will be running.
- Extra: To look up the Database IP address, follow these steps.
Click on the Containers display and click on the hostname of the database container: