Oracle Cloud Machine, Overview of Deployment Process
Review and complete site requirements
1. Review and complete space requirements
- Consult with your data center administrator to review and complete all site requirements.
- Verify that your site meets all the requirements to receive an Oracle Cloud Machine (OCM) system.
- The minimum height from the floor to the ceiling for placing the cabinet is 3214 mm (126 inches).
- The shipping weight of the system is 1150 kg (2535 lbs).
- Consider also the space for the Oracle Advanced Support Gateway appliance (one rack unit).
2. Verify electrical power requirements
- Use dedicated AC breaker panels for all power circuits that supply power to OCM. Provide also a stable power source, such as an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
- In the United States and Canada, ensure that the overall system AC input current load does not exceed 80% of the branch circuit AC current rating.
- Verify that the distance between the power source and OCM is from 3 to 3.5m (9.8 to 11.5 feet).
3. Review ventilation requirements
- Set conditions to the optimal temperature and humidity ranges to minimize the chance of downtime due to component failure.
- Ensure adequate air flow by not obstructing the front or rear of the rack.
- Use the following number of perforated floor tiles in front of the rack: 4 floor tiles for Model 1080, 3 for Model 576, and 1 for Model 288. Approximately 400 CFM per tile.
Review and complete other requirements
4. Verify network requirements
- Consult with your data center network administrator to review and complete the requirements.
- Ensure that the NTP, DNS, and 10 Gb Ethernet VLANs are available in your data center for OCM.
- Make sure that you have a 10 Gb Ethernet Switch, Router, or NIC device that supports any of the following: SFP+ 10G-Base-SR Module, XFP 10G-Base-SR Module, and QSFP Optical Module.
- Prepare 1 GbE management subnet connection for the Ethernet switch in the rack to the existing management network.
- Prepare 3 VLANs for infrastructure. 1 VLAN per tenant is recommended.
5. Review database requirements
- Consult with your IT administrator to review and complete the database requirements.
- If your OCM subscription includes the Integration Cloud Service (ICS), you will need to provide the following prerequisites: an Oracle Database 11.2.0.x or higher hosted on a routable network and 1 VLAN to access the database for ICS.
6. Review additional requirements
- Deploying Database Cloud Service requires an OPCM ZS3 Storage Expansion Rack.
- Depending on your requirements, you might need to configure additional backup networks and routes.
- See Customer Deployment Guide for the full list of requirements.
Find out more about Oracle Service_Name Service
Attend Oracle Cloud Events
for information about Oracle Cloud events.
Join the Community
About Oracle |
Contact Us |
Legal Notices |
Your Privacy Rights |
Copyright © 2016, 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.