Before You Begin
Note: This document applies only for Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager version 20.1.1.X. If you have upgraded to Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager version 20.2.1 or later, see the Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager Guide instead.
This tutorial provides instructions on how to clone an Oracle E-Business Suite environment using Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager.
The cloning procedure leverages the native Block Volume Cloning capability in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, and is available only for environments where the Oracle E-Business Suite database and application tiers both reside on a Compute VM.
Note these additional key attributes:
- This procedure can be run either when the Oracle E-Business Suite services (application tier and database tier) are running, or when they are shut down.
- The clone uses the same network profile as the source environment.
- The load balancer can be deployed as a public or private Load Balancer as a Service (LBaaS) for the clone, depending on the load balancer type defined in the network profile.
- The clone resides in the same availability domain as the source environment.
- The shape of the clone is same as the shape of the source environment.
- The application tier of the clone mirrors that of the source environment. For example, if the source environment has one application tier node, then the clone will have one application tier node. If the source environment has two application tier nodes, then the clone will have two application tier nodes. Additionally, if the source environment has an application tier node and database on a single Compute VM, then the clone will also have its application tier node and database on a single Compute VM.
- Our automation configures the application tier services to utilize port pools 0 and 1. These cannot be changed. "Section 5.8 Create Security Rules" in My Oracle Support Knowledge Document 2522175.1, Preparing Your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Tenancy for a New Set of Oracle E-Business Suite Environments, lists the ports that must be open between subnets in order for your system to function properly.
- The Oracle E-Business Suite services are started automatically on the clone.
- When you clone an environment, you can use tagging by choosing a pre-defined tag or specifying a new (free-form) tag. You can use this tag to identify all resources associated with an environment or group of environments. Refer to Managing Tags and Tag Namespaces for more information.
- The fault domain for the cloned instance will be same as the source instance fault domain.
What Do You Need?
To perform the steps in this tutorial, you must have:
- An understanding of the relevant information in My Oracle Support Knowledge Document 2517025.1, Getting Started with Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- A source Oracle E-Business Suite environment on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure created using One-Click Provisioning or Advanced Provisioning in Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager.
- Access to the network profile used by the source environment. The network profile specifies the network resources for the environment, including the security lists and subnets. The administrator of your Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager instance defines network profiles and assigns you the profiles that you can use to provision Oracle E-Business Suite environments. See My Oracle Support Knowledge Document 2522175.1, Preparing Your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Tenancy for a New Set of Oracle E-Business Suite Environments.
- If you choose to use tags, you can create defined tags first. Any tag namespace selected must be defined for the compartment in which you are provisioning, as specified in the network profile. Refer to Managing Tags and Tag Namespaces for more information.
Access the Clone Environment Page
- Navigate to the Oracle E-Business Cloud Manager Environments page.
- For a successfully created environment, click Action and select Clone.
Alternatively, in the environment details page for a single environment, click Action and select Clone.
Enter Details on the Clone Environment Page
- Enter values for the clone details:
- Environment Name: Enter a name for your environment. For example:
- Source Apps Password: Enter the password for the Oracle E-Business Suite APPS schema for the source environment.
- Source WebLogic Server password: For an Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 environment only, enter the Oracle WebLogic Server administration password.
The Clone Environment page also displays the network profile name for the source environment. The cloned environment will use the same network profile.
- Environment Name: Enter a name for your environment. For example:
- In the Web Entry Point region, choose one of the following web entry types:
New Load Balancer (LBaaS), Manually Configured Load Balancer to select a manually deployed existing load balancer, or
Application Tier Node to choose the primary application tier as the entry point.
Note: You must choose the web entry type that is the same as the source web entry type.
- If you choose to use LBaaS, then you must also select a shape in the Load Balancer Shape field. The default shape is 100Mbps.
- Enter values for the following web entry properties.
- Protocol: Select the protocol for access to the environment, either http or https.
- Hostname: Enter a hostname. For example:
- Domain: Enter a domain name. For example:
- Port: Select the port. If there is no load balancer, then the port is automatically populated depending on the protocol: 8000 for http and 4443 for https. Otherwise, select the appropriate port for use with your load balancer, such as 80 for http or 443 for https. Note that to allow access to the Oracle E-Business Suite login URL, your network administrator must define an ingress rule in the load balancer security list configuring the load balancer port to be open for public access. See Section 5, "Create Network Resources For Deploying Oracle E-Business Suite Instances," in My Oracle Support Knowledge Document 2522175.1, Preparing Your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Tenancy for a New Set of Oracle E-Business Suite Environments.
- Optionally enter tagging information in the Tags region.
- Tag Namespace: Select a predefined tag namespace or select None (add a free-form tag).
- Tag Key: Enter the name you use to refer to the tag.
- Value: Enter the value for the tag key.
- Click Submit.
- You can check the status of the activity to clone the environment in the Activities page. The new environment is listed on the Environments page.
Perform Post-Cloning Tasks
After the environment is successfully cloned, perform any necessary post-cloning steps and access your environment following the instructions provided in Performing Post-Provisioning and Post-Cloning Tasks for Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.