This tutorial describes how to use the cart feature in Oracle SQL Developer 4.0.
Time to Complete
Approximately 25 minutes
In this tutorial, you add database objects to a cart, diff multiple carts, and export a cart to another schema.
Before starting this tutorial, you should have:
Setting Up the Cart Environment
In this section, you set up the users and connections that you will use for this tutorial.
Adding Objects to a Cart
You can add objects to the Cart by dragging them from the Connections window to the Cart.
Saving a Cart
You can save carts for later use.
Diffing Multiple Carts
You can use multiple carts to handle multiple subsets of objects. You can also reveal the differences between carts through a process called "diffiing."
Exporting a Cart
From the Cart, you can create an export file containing all or selected database objects and associated data for deploying later to other databases (either through the Cloud or conventional file import). In this section, you export data for the EMPLOYEES table and the ADD_JOB_HISTORY procedure to the hr_prod schema.
This tutorial described how to use the Cart with Oracle SQL developer 4.0. You learned how to add database objects to a cart, diff multiple carts, and export a cart to another schema.
Additional information about Oracle and Oracle technologies is available at the following sites:
- To learn more about Oracle database technologies, visit www.oracle.com.
- For more information about Oracle Database 12c concepts, visit OracleŽ Database Concepts 12c Release 1 (12.1).
- To look for more OBEs related to Oracle Database 12c, visit the Oracle Learning Library.
- Lead Curriculum Developer: Pete DeHaan
- Other Contributors: Ashley Chen, Nancy Greenberg
To navigate this Oracle by Example tutorial, note the following:
- Hide Header Buttons:
- Click the title to hide the buttons in the header. To show the buttons again, click the title again.
- Topic List:
- Click a topic to navigate to that section.
- Expand All Topics:
- Click the button to show or hide the details for the sections. By default, all topics are collapsed.
- Hide All Images:
- Click the button to show or hide the screenshots. By default, all images are displayed.
- Click the button to print the content. The content that is currently displayed or hidden is printed.
To navigate to a particular section in this tutorial, select the topic from the list.