This document will continue to evolve as existing sections change and new information is added. All updates are logged below, with the most recent updates at the top.
21 FEB 2017
Initial Document Creation
We would like to inform you of the upcoming monthly update for your Cloud environments. We will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, March 3, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, March 17, 2017. The update will be applied during your scheduled daily maintenance window.
A new version of Oracle Smart View for Office is available. Oracle recommends installing Smart View Release 126.96.36.199.620.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with the Library.
- For localized versions of EPRCS, you should not create “custom” folders spelled the same as a translated “system” folder. This is due to implications when opening the same localized version of EPRCS in English.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Management Reporting.
- When previewing a report in PDF that has a grid and a chart, the chart title font appears fuzzy compared to the grid font.
- Custom fonts uploaded for management reporting are required to be installable fonts in order to be used in Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE.) If they are not installable then IE will not download the fonts and a different font is displayed in place. Chrome and Firefox do not require the font to be installable.
- In a Management Reporting grid member selector with an EPM Cloud data source, if 'Show in Hierarchy' is selected for a shared member, a 'member not found' error will be received before displaying the hierarchy location.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Report Packages.
- Inactive report packages with available content will display an “undetermined content” icon. Once the source file has been refreshed, the proper available content type icon will be displayed.
- When you add embedded content that contains internal hyperlinks to a report package, if you select Download Preview to view the document, the hyperlinks within the embedded content do not open when clicked.
- When creating embedded content, if you use the horizontal text alignment format Center Across Selection in Excel, the selection does not carry forward into the embedded content when the doclet is embedded in Word. The text remains within the original cell.
- When you insert a reference variable value that references a document that was created using Word 2007, a line break is inserted in the text, creating an extra line.
- If an Excel worksheet uses a double-line bottom border on the last row of a named range, an extra row appears in the embedded content within a consuming doclet.
Workaround: To achieve the same visual layout, use Merge cells and Center align to align the text in the merge cell.
Workaround: If you encounter this issue, delete the extra line.
Workaround: To work around this issue, try one of the following options:
- Do not use a double line bottom border in the last row of a named range, but select an alternative bottom border.
- Navigate to a cell that is below the named range, and add dummy text or a blank space. You can then upload and check in the reference doclet. When the embedded content is generated, the empty row is no longer included.
- Resize the row below the row that contains the double-line bottom border. You can keep the double line border in the last row intact, but resize the next row to be very small (but not hidden). Click any cell in the relevant row and choose Home, then Format, and then Row Height and enter a small value such as 2 or 3. The extra space is included in the embedded content, but it has a minimal impact.
Workaround: To work around this issue, create the slide by adding the content directly to the slide rather than use a layout with place holders.
Workaround: If a user enters a fully qualified URL format (for example, http://www.oracle.com) within the Rich Text Editor, the URL link will open within a new browser tab.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Smart View in general.
- A connection created in one language cannot be used if Smart View is changed to a different language.
Workaround: Create multiple private connections using the Add Connection Wizard. Before creating each connection, change the Smart View language display (in the Options dialog box, Advanced tab, Language drop-down list). Then, follow the instructions in “Using the Private Connection Wizard” in the Oracle Smart View for Office User's Guide.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Smart View for ad hoc analysis.
- In an ad hoc query, an error may occur when adding an Excel formula to a data cell, then zooming on any other members in the grid.
- When users sign in to the service for the first time, they will be prompted to change the password. Oracle recommends that users sign in first to the web to change their password before connecting through Smart View.
- An error occurs if an EPRCS ad hoc grid that was saved using Smart View 188.8.131.52.600 is opened in Smart View 184.108.40.206.520.
Copyright © 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This document is provided for information purposes only, and the contents hereof are subject to change without notice. This document is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We specifically disclaim any liability with respect to this document, and no contractual obligations are formed either directly or indirectly by this document. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Intel and Intel Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All SPARC trademarks are used under license and are trademarks or registered trademarks of SPARC International, Inc. AMD, Opteron, the AMD logo, and the AMD Opteron logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.