This document will continue to evolve as existing sections change and new information is added. All updates are logged below, with the most recent updates at the top.
26 MAY 2017
Initial Document Creation
We would like to inform you of the upcoming monthly update for your Cloud environments. We will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, June 2, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, June 16, 2017. The update will be applied during your scheduled daily maintenance window.
The , where you can find documentation, videos and useful information about Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service, will also be updated on June 9, 2017 to reflect the new functionality.
The Oracle Disclosure Management Option for Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud, available for use under a separate license, allows users to develop their regulatory filings in a unified, collaborative environment. SEC filers, for example, may generate both XBRL and EDGAR HTML filing outputs from the same source, ensuring 100% validation of XBRL filings. It also emphasizes reuse and efficiency through its easy-to-use rollover process, providing XBRL tag migration and variable-driven smart text.
With this option, you can upload a Disclosure Management report to the Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud library so you can open it in Oracle Smart View for Office. For example, use a Microsoft Word file as your starting point for your Disclosure Management report. For more information on Disclosure Management, see “About Disclosure Management” in the Oracle® Cloud Working with Disclosure Management for Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud guide.
Note: For clients reporting to Colombian regulators, integration with Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud occurs through the HVX connection on the Excel ribbon. You open the regulator’s Microsoft Office Excel workbook directly in Smart View and enter through the High Volume XBRL tab on the ribbon.
NOTE: Starting in July, Report Packages and Management Reports will inherit Permissions from their parent folders when Inheritance is turned on. (By default, Inheritance for Report Packages is turned off at creation.) This enhancement will provide a simplified and convenient approach to managing artifact access. You should review access assignments for Management Reports and Report Packages in the Library for these artifacts in advance of the scheduled July 2017 update and make any necessary adjustments. For any Report Packages or Management Reports that you do not wish to inherit permissions, simply de-select Inheritance in the Access tab in the Inspect window.
Data Management is now available as the integration mechanism for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud customers looking to load data from Oracle NetSuite. Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud customers now have direct access to Netsuite’s unified suite of cloud-based ERP, CRM and commerce applications. The integration uses the NetSuite Saved Search framework to query data from the NetSuite system, which includes pre-packaged or customer defined Saved Searches.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with the Library.
- For localized versions of EPRCS, you should not create “custom” folders spelled the same as a translated “system” folder. This is due to certain implications when opening the same localized version of EPRCS in English.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Management Reporting.
- When importing a Management Report together with its related data source, the data source needs to be edited to add the data source's administrator credentials. Otherwise, when previewing the Management Report without the proper data source credentials, results in a service error.
- When uploaded for use with Management Reporting, Microsoft Internet Explorer requires installable fonts. If custom fonts are not installable, then Internet Explorer will substitute a different font. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox do not require installable fonts.
- In a Management Reporting grid member selector with an EPM Cloud data source, if 'Show in Hierarchy' is selected for a shared member, a 'member not found' error will be received before displaying the hierarchy location.
- In Internet Explorer version 11, you cannot resize text objects. Use Chrome or Firefox instead.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Report Packages.
- Inactive report packages with available content will display an “undetermined content” icon. Once the source file has been refreshed, the proper available content type icon will be displayed.
- When you add embedded content that contains internal hyperlinks to a report package, if you select Download Preview to view the document, the hyperlinks within the embedded content do not open when clicked.
- When creating embedded content, if you use the horizontal text alignment format Center Across Selection in Excel, the selection does not carry forward into the embedded content when the doclet is embedded in Word. The text remains within the original cell.
- When you insert a reference variable value that references a document that was created using Word 2007, a line break is inserted in the text, creating an extra line.
- If an Excel worksheet uses a double-line bottom border on the last row of a named range, an extra row appears in the embedded content within a consuming doclet.
Workaround: To achieve the same visual layout, use Merge cells and Center align to align the text in the merge cell.
Workaround: If you encounter this issue, delete the extra line.
Workaround: To work around this issue, try one of the following options:
- Do not use a double line bottom border in the last row of a named range, but select an alternative bottom border.
- Navigate to a cell that is below the named range, and add dummy text or a blank space. You can then upload and check in the reference doclet. When the embedded content is generated, the empty row is no longer included.
- Resize the row below the row that contains the double-line bottom border. You can keep the double line border in the last row intact, but resize the next row to be very small (but not hidden). Click any cell in the relevant row and choose Home, then Format, and then Row Height and enter a small value such as 2 or 3. The extra space is included in the embedded content, but it has a minimal impact.
Workaround: To work around this issue, create the slide by adding the content directly to the slide rather than use a layout with place holders.
Workaround: If a user enters a fully qualified URL format (for example, http://www.oracle.com) within the Rich Text Editor, the URL link will open within a new browser tab.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Smart View.
- A connection created in one language cannot be used if Smart View is changed to a different language.
Workaround: Create multiple private connections using the Add Connection Wizard. Before creating each connection, change the Smart View language display (in the Options dialog box, Advanced tab, Language drop-down list). Then, follow the instructions in “Using the Private Connection Wizard” in the Oracle Smart View for Office User's Guide.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Smart View for ad hoc analysis.
- When users sign in to the service for the first time, they will be prompted to change the password. Oracle recommends that users sign in first to the web to change their password before connecting through Smart View.
- An error occurs if an Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service ad hoc grid created with Smart View release 188.8.131.52.600 is opened with Smart View release 184.108.40.206.520.
When changing the time zone on the Daily Maintenance page, the application will now automatically convert the existing time to the new time zone.
Copyright © 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This document is provided for information purposes only, and the contents hereof are subject to change without notice. This document is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We specifically disclaim any liability with respect to this document, and no contractual obligations are formed either directly or indirectly by this document. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Intel and Intel Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All SPARC trademarks are used under license and are trademarks or registered trademarks of SPARC International, Inc. AMD, Opteron, the AMD logo, and the AMD Opteron logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.