This document will continue to evolve as existing sections change and new information is added. All updates are logged below, with the most recent updates at the top.
28 JUL 2017
Initial Document Creation
We would like to inform you of the upcoming monthly update for your Cloud environments. We will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, August 4, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, August 18, 2017. The update will be applied during your scheduled daily maintenance window.
The , where you can find documentation, videos and useful information about Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service, will also be updated on August 4, 2017 to reflect the new functionality.
Prompts enable a report viewer to select the members for a grid row, column, or point of view (POV) when they run the report. You define the member selections for the prompt when you design the report, and then report viewers choose from the members that you defined when they run the report. You can define prompts in the global POV and the rows and columns of the grids in your report.
Prompts can be also used in reports that are inserted into report packages as reference doclets.
You can now download Oracle Smart View for Office extensions from the Downloads page. From the User menu on the Home Page, select Downloads, and then select an extension:
- Smart View Extension for Enterprise Performance Reporting (must be installed before installing the Disclosure Management extensions below)
- Smart View Extension for Disclosure Management
- Smart View Extension for Disclosure Management Auto Tagging
You can now reset all selected cell formatting in a management report grid back to the default settings.
You can now copy formatting from a cell, row or column and paste it to a destination cell, row or column.
By default, management reporting grids use the alias table that was selected at the report level. You can now select a different alias table at the grid level.
Currently, management reporting grid cells that contain a date are formatted using the User Preference for dates. You can now specify a date format at the grid level.
Report Packages and Management Reports will now inherit Edit and Administer permissions from their parent folders when inheritance is turned on. (By default, inheritance for report packages is turned off when the report package is created.) This provides a simplified and convenient approach to access management and improves ease of maintenance.
In addition to Statement and Disclosure-type networks, you can now add Schedule-type networks to your taxonomy extension in Disclosure Management Taxonomy Designer.
Smart View for Office 18.104.22.168.710 will be available by mid-August. This version fixes a number of defects. The Smart View 22.214.171.124.710 Readme, available on the Help Center at the time of release, contains a complete list of the defects addressed in this version.
You must install this version to ensure compatibility with the August 2017 update features and to access the new functionalities. See “Setting Up Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud in Smart View” in the Oracle® Smart View for Office User's guide for instructions.
The Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting 17.08 extension update is now available. This update fixes a bug where when using the Open and Check Out command on a doclet that was not in the root directory, the doclet was opened but the hierarchy of doclets in the doclet panel was not properly refreshed, resulting in a Microsoft .NET Framework exception.
The 17.08 extension is compatible with Smart View 126.96.36.199.700 and Smart View 188.8.131.52.710.
When publishing a taxonomy in Taxonomy Designer, the system will now display an error if you enter an invalid filename.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with the Library.
- For localized versions of EPRCS, you should not create “custom” folders spelled the same as a translated “system” folder. This is due to certain implications when opening the same localized version of EPRCS in English.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Management Reporting.
- When importing a Management Report together with its related data source, the data source needs to be edited to add the data source's administrator credentials. Otherwise, previewing the Management Report without the proper data source credentials results in a service error.
- When uploaded for use with Management Reporting, Microsoft Internet Explorer requires installable fonts. If custom fonts are not installable, then Internet Explorer will substitute a different font. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox do not require installable fonts.
- In a Management Reporting grid member selector with an EPM Cloud data source, if 'Show in Hierarchy' is selected for a shared member, a 'member not found' error will be received before displaying the hierarchy location.
- In Internet Explorer version 11, you cannot resize text objects. Use Chrome or Firefox instead.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Report Packages.
- Inactive report packages with available content will display an “undetermined content” icon. Once the source file has been refreshed, the proper available content type icon will be displayed.
- When you add embedded content that contains internal hyperlinks to a report package, if you select Download Preview to view the document, the hyperlinks within the embedded content do not open when clicked.
- When creating embedded content, if you use the horizontal text alignment format Center Across Selection in Excel, the selection does not carry forward into the embedded content when the doclet is embedded in Word. The text remains within the original cell.
- When you insert a reference variable value that references a document that was created using Word 2007, a line break is inserted in the text, creating an extra line.
- If an Excel worksheet uses a double-line bottom border on the last row of a named range, an extra row appears in the embedded content within a consuming doclet.
Workaround: To achieve the same visual layout, use Merge cells and Center align to align the text in the merge cell.
Workaround: If you encounter this issue, delete the extra line.
Workaround: To work around this issue, try one of the following options:
- Do not use a double line bottom border in the last row of a named range, but select an alternative bottom border.
- Navigate to a cell that is below the named range, and add dummy text or a blank space. You can then upload and check in the reference doclet. When the embedded content is generated, the empty row is no longer included.
- Resize the row below the row that contains the double-line bottom border. You can keep the double line border in the last row intact, but resize the next row to be very small (but not hidden). Click any cell in the relevant row and choose Home, then Format, and then Row Height and enter a small value such as 2 or 3. The extra space is included in the embedded content, but it has a minimal impact.
Workaround: To work around this issue, create the slide by adding the content directly to the slide rather than use a layout with place holders.
Workaround: If a user enters a fully qualified URL format (for example, http://www.oracle.com) within the Rich Text Editor, the URL link will open within a new browser tab.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Smart View.
- A connection created in one language cannot be used if Smart View is changed to a different language.
- When downloading a new Smart View extension from Microsoft Internet Explorer, the filename extension defaults to .ZIP instead of .SVEXT. This prevents you from being able to double-click to install the extension.
Workaround: Create multiple private connections using the Add Connection Wizard. Before creating each connection, change the Smart View language display (in the Options dialog box, Advanced tab, Language drop-down list). Then, follow the instructions in “Using the Private Connection Wizard” in the Oracle Smart View for Office User's Guide.
Workaround: When Internet Explorer prompts you to save the file, choose “Save As”, change the Type to “All Files”, and then change the extension from .ZIP to .SVEXT. Then, double-click the downloaded file to install the extension.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Smart View for ad hoc analysis.
- When users sign in to the service for the first time, they will be prompted to change the password. Oracle recommends that users sign in first to the web to change their password before connecting through Smart View.
- An error occurs if an Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service ad hoc grid created with Smart View release 184.108.40.206.600 is opened with Smart View release 220.127.116.11.520.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Disclosure Management.
- Bidirectional language functionality is not supported in Disclosure Management for this release.
- When publishing a taxonomy in Taxonomy Designer, you must enter the full path for the ZIP file when specifying the location to publish to. An error is displayed if you specify the ZIP file name only without the path.
Copyright © 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This document is provided for information purposes only, and the contents hereof are subject to change without notice. This document is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We specifically disclaim any liability with respect to this document, and no contractual obligations are formed either directly or indirectly by this document. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Intel and Intel Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All SPARC trademarks are used under license and are trademarks or registered trademarks of SPARC International, Inc. AMD, Opteron, the AMD logo, and the AMD Opteron logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.