This document will continue to evolve as existing sections change and new information is added. All updates are logged below, with the most recent updates at the top.
28 SEP 2017
Created initial document.
Please take a moment to join the Cloud Customer Connect forums for EPM Cloud services. Oracle Cloud Customer Connect is a community gathering place for members to interact and collaborate on common goals and objectives. This is where you will find the latest release information, upcoming events, or answers to use-case questions. Joining takes just a few minutes. Join now!
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, October 6, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, October 13, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
The Oracle Help Center, where you can find documentation, videos and useful information about Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service, will also be available on October 6, 2017.
You can now migrate reports that were created in Financial Reporting (EPM Cloud release 17.10 or later, on –premises release 220.127.116.11 or later) to Management Reporting by exporting them from Financial Reporting and then importing them into Management Reporting. When the reports are imported into Management Reporting, the system converts the Financial Reporting elements to the Management Reporting equivalents where available.
The editor for text objects in Management Reporting has been enhanced with new features, including:
- The ability to format text elements (such as sentences or paragraphs) differently within the same text object.
- Copy, Paste, and Paste-as-Text buttons added.
- Undo and Redo buttons added.
- Superscript and subscript formats added.
You can now use the following special characters: [ ] ; = & , ' in names in the Library and Management Reporting.
In Taxonomy Designer, if you increase or decrease the indent of an element, all of the elements underneath that element are moved in or out as well. This enables you to move entire branches with one action, instead of moving one element at a time.
In Taxonomy Designer, after you have added a network to your extended taxonomy, you can now edit it to add, rename, or remove sections from it.
We welcome your comments and suggestions to improve the content of the What's New document and the product documentation. Please send us your feedback at . In the body or title of the email, state that you are inquiring or providing feedback, and indicate for which EPM Cloud service as well as the monthly patch cycle.
Check this list again for the latest information when the update is applied to your test environment.
In the Inspect dialog for reference doclets, performance is improved when retrieving doclet usage information or a list of available content.
A performance issue has been resolved when creating a report against an Essbase or Enterprise Performance Reporting data source that has more than ten dimensions and one or more of those dimensions is large (thousands of members).
When making changes to the rows or columns of a Management Reporting grid, the system now returns you to the row or column that you were working on instead of the top of the grid.
When you insert an Excel reference doclet with a named range that contains hidden filtered rows into Word, the hidden rows will no longer display with zeroes.
Dashboards in the Oracle Cloud My Services portal now correctly display the size of the service instance data on the disc.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with the Library.
- For localized versions of EPRCS, you should not create “custom” folders spelled the same as a translated “system” folder. This is due to certain implications when opening the same localized version of EPRCS in English.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Management Reporting.
- When importing a Management Report together with its related data source, the data source needs to be edited to add the data source's administrator credentials. Otherwise, previewing the Management Report without the proper data source credentials results in a service error.
- When uploaded for use with Management Reporting, Microsoft Internet Explorer requires installable fonts. If custom fonts are not installable, then Internet Explorer will substitute a different font. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox do not require installable fonts.
- In a Management Reporting grid member selector with an EPM Cloud data source, if 'Show in Hierarchy' is selected for a shared member, a 'member not found' error will be received before displaying the hierarchy location.
- In Internet Explorer version 11, you cannot resize text objects. Use Chrome or Firefox instead.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Report Packages.
- Previewing a report that has a PowerPoint style sample with a custom slide that has numbering starting at zero will display an error.
- Workaround: Download the PowerPoint style sample document and change the numbering on the Slide Master to start with one, instead of zero. Then, edit your report package properties and select the updated style sample document.
- Inactive report packages with available content will display an “undetermined content” icon. Once the source file has been refreshed, the proper available content type icon will be displayed.
- When you add embedded content that contains internal hyperlinks to a report package, if you select Download Preview to view the document, the hyperlinks within the embedded content do not open when clicked.
- When creating embedded content, if you use the horizontal text alignment format Center Across Selection in Excel, the selection does not carry forward into the embedded content when the doclet is embedded in Word. The text remains within the original cell.
- When you insert a reference variable value that references a document that was created using Word 2007, a line break is inserted in the text, creating an extra line.
- If an Excel worksheet uses a double-line bottom border on the last row of a named range, an extra row appears in the embedded content within a consuming doclet.
Workaround: To achieve the same visual layout, use Merge cells and Center align to align the text in the merge cell.
Workaround: If you encounter this issue, delete the extra line.
Workaround: To work around this issue, try one of the following options:
- Do not use a double line bottom border in the last row of a named range, but select an alternative bottom border.
- Navigate to a cell that is below the named range, and add dummy text or a blank space. You can then upload and check in the reference doclet. When the embedded content is generated, the empty row is no longer included.
- Resize the row below the row that contains the double-line bottom border. You can keep the double line border in the last row intact, but resize the next row to be very small (but not hidden). Click any cell in the relevant row and choose Home, then Format, and then Row Height and enter a small value such as 2 or 3. The extra space is included in the embedded content, but it has a minimal impact.
Workaround: To work around this issue, create the slide by adding the content directly to the slide rather than use a layout with place holders.
Workaround: If a user enters a fully qualified URL format (for example, http://www.oracle.com) within the Rich Text Editor, the URL link will open within a new browser tab.
Workaround: Click “Refresh Comments” or click the Content Selector refresh button to display the comment correctly.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Smart View.
- A connection created in one language cannot be used if Smart View is changed to a different language.
- When downloading a new Smart View extension from Microsoft Internet Explorer, the filename extension defaults to .ZIP instead of .SVEXT. This prevents you from being able to double-click to install the extension.
- When any of the allowable special characters are used in a report package name (such as commas, semicolons, or ampersands), there may be a discrepancy between how the name displays in the library tree and how it displays in the Report Center panel.
- If you have open or close bracket characters in an Excel reference or supplemental doclet, Excel changes the brackets to parentheses when you save the file.
- When you upload an Excel reference doclet with many named ranges, not all of the named ranges are listed as available content.
Workaround: Create multiple private connections using the Add Connection Wizard. Before creating each connection, change the Smart View language display (in the Options dialog box, Advanced tab, Language drop-down list). Then, follow the instructions in “Using the Private Connection Wizard” in the Oracle Smart View for Office User's Guide.
Workaround: When Internet Explorer prompts you to save the file, choose “Save As”, change the Type to “All Files”, and then change the extension from .ZIP to .SVEXT. Then, double-click the downloaded file to install the extension.
Workaround: Upload the doclet and then go to the web and add the embedded contents within the doclet inspect dialog.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Smart View for ad hoc analysis.
- When users sign in to the service for the first time, they will be prompted to change the password. Oracle recommends that users sign in first to the web to change their password before connecting through Smart View.
- An error occurs if an Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service ad hoc grid created with Smart View release 18.104.22.168.600 is opened with Smart View release 22.214.171.124.520.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Disclosure Management.
- Bidirectional language functionality is not supported in Disclosure Management for this release.
- When publishing a taxonomy in Taxonomy Designer, you must enter the full path for the ZIP file when specifying the location to publish to. An error is displayed if you specify the ZIP file name only without the path.
Copyright © 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This document is provided for information purposes only, and the contents hereof are subject to change without notice. This document is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We specifically disclaim any liability with respect to this document, and no contractual obligations are formed either directly or indirectly by this document. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Intel and Intel Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All SPARC trademarks are used under license and are trademarks or registered trademarks of SPARC International, Inc. AMD, Opteron, the AMD logo, and the AMD Opteron logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.