This document will continue to evolve as existing sections change and new information is added. All updates are logged below, with the most recent updates at the top.
24 FEB 2017
Initial Document Creation
Oracle Taleo Learn Cloud Service is a comprehensive solution for delivering, tracking, managing, and reporting on all types of formal and informal learning. Users have easy access to learning through a single platform for online, classroom, virtual, and on-the-job training, as well as assessments, blended learning, social learning and self-reported training. Organizations can design a truly tailored user experience with complete control over all aspects of the user interface.
An Approval View option has been added to the Team Monitor widget. This view displays Team Members with pending Learning Plans, Enrollments, and External Training events. Managers and Supervisors drill down to view the pending events. Pending events are displayed in a summary list, with the option to drill down further to the detail page. Each pending event may be approved or denied from either the summary list or the detail page. The Team Monitor Approval View features include:
- Dashboard metrics display the count of pending events and serve as quick filters:
- All Pending
- Learning Plans
- External Training
- Select team member to view the pending Learning Events:
- Summary list of events with Approve/Deny icons to action the event
- Drill down to view the event’s Detail page.
- External Training actions offer the option of Approver comments.
- Email alerts triggered for the approved/denied events to the requestor.
A set of Management BI reports are now available from the Team Monitor widget. A new report icon opens the BI Reporting window with the management reports listed and available for viewing and scheduling. Widget setup has a new Reports tab for enabling the report option and selecting availability. Reports available include:
- Administrator List Report
- Assignment Report
- Audit Trail Report
- Course List Report
- Course Report
- Course Summary Report
- Electronic Signature Completion Report
- Enrollment Report
- External Training Report
- Instance Report
- Job Profile Report
- Oracle Learning Plan Progress
- Oracle Learning Plan Status
- Oracle Skill Progress Report
- Oracle Skill Summary Report
- User Login Report
- User Report
There is a new Enrollments option that automatically drops Users from Enrollments if their usernames are updated to the status of Removed. This enhancement includes:
- A new option for Enrollments: Automatically drop removed users for this enrollment.
- A new registry key to indicate whether the automatic drop option is selected or not selected by default.
- A background update, that occurs once every 24 hours to drop the Removed status Users from open Enrollments.
- An Enrollment must be in a state of Open for Enrollment for the Removed usernames to be dropped.
- If the removal of a User opens a space for a waitlist member, the priority waitlist User will be enrolled and the waitlist updated.
A new Catalog Widget provides a tool to allow Users to find training by Category. The Catalog Widget groups training by Category, enabling Users to select a root category and drill down through the sub category hierarchy to view the available Learning events assigned to the sub category. Once the link is selected to display Learning events, the Search Results page presents the matching items. Both list and card views are available. Catalogs may be created for a single type of learning event or a combination of event types. Learning event types available for cataloging include:
- Learning Plans
- External Training
- ILT Sessions
- Training Offerings
- User’s Names
A new Add External Training link has been added to the My Task widget page. This link opens a new Add External Training page enabling Users to create new External Training events. This link is enabled on the My Task widget setup Content tab. The new page includes:
- External Training Name and optional Description.
- Dates for the training:
- Start Date
- End Date
- Expiration Date
- Training Type, Instructor, and Location.
- One or multiple Categories may be assigned.
- One or multiple Credits may be assigned.
- Administrators have the option to turn off the Credit assignment.
- If approvals are enabled, Approval Request details.
- Custom fields support.
- Attachments support, with a drag and drop option for adding attachments.
Learning Plan, Transcript, My Tasks, and Skills widgets have been refined to improve information access and usability. Changes to Widget functions and pages include:
- The Enrollment Detail page now displays the Type as Enrollment (previously Type displayed the event type of the Enrollment).
- New Label/Values have been added for Event Type and Event name
- Event name links to the event’s Detail page
- The My Task widget now includes a Print Certificate icon for completed Courses and Classes if a Certificate is assigned to the event
- Test Instances with scores now display the score as a percentage on the Transcript Widget. This makes the score display format consistent with the Test Instance Detail page and the classic Dynamic Objects.
- The ILT Session Detail page has been updated to clarify the Session’s Enrollment list, with new labeling instructing Users to select an Enrollment.
- The Skills Widget and My Task Widget have Display Dashboard Only options for when the page initially opens. This is consistent with the Dashboard Only feature offered on other Widgets.
- The Transcript Widget has a new option to include inactive Enrollments on the Transcript
- If inactive Enrollments are included, they are not “clickable”, given their inactive state.
- The My Tasks Widget has been corrected to exclude counts of learning events from other Sub LearnCenters. The My Task Widget is now consistent regardless of the option setting for Display global training history.
Courses and Classes purchased in eCommerce now appear on the My Task Widget as well as the Courses Started Dynamic Object. This provides buyers with a history of purchased training, even if they have not yet viewed the training in the Course Player. The My Task Widget displays the event as 0% complete. The Purchase Date is recorded as the Start Date and Last Viewed Date and shown on the Courses Started Dynamic Object. This applies to eCommerce purchases only.
Custom Fields in Learning Plans enable Administrators to enter and store additional data that describes training item containers for both end users and the integrators. This feature comes with dedicated set of permissions and makes use of standard features like Management and User views. Data stored in Learning Plan Custom Fields can be retrieved with BI Reporting Learning Plan Data View as well as published in a Learning Plan Widget.
- Store additional data for Learning Plans
- Use custom field data to develop integrations
- Publish additional information about Learning Plans
You can now map Learning Plans to other Learning Plans. This enables Administrators to organize training activities into more manageable buckets, and to sequence plans. You can create one- or two-level deep training structures, and offer nested plans for sale or self-mapping. Only standard Learning Plans are supported for use with this feature.
- Have users complete Learning Plans in a pre-defined order
- List all assigned Learning Plans, but limit access to them
- Organize training activities into buckets
- Present a larger curriculum to an audience
Skills and Search Widgets are now portable, which means all currently offered Widgets are available for embedding on external websites. Portable Widgets require Single Sign-On (SSO) to operate.
- Embed Skills and Search Widgets on external SSO-enabled sites
You can now transfer custom BI Reporting reports between LearnCenters or exchange reports with other LearnCenter Administrators. This feature enables the export and import of custom BI Reporting report definitions only. No data is included in the output files. The import wizard allows for mapping of Custom Fields from the source LearnCenter to the target LearnCenter.
- Transfer report definitions between LearnCenters
- Ease of report creation
- Share report definitions with community
- Re-map Custom Fields
The new Content Manager provides Administrators with the ability to manage their informal/unstructured learning document content. The Content Manager allows for a single place to upload and manage documents, without the need to access the SFTP server. The Content Manager supports versioning of the document content and automatically converts the content into a web-friendly format. The features of the Content Manager include:
- The ability to drag-and-drop document content to upload it to the LearnCenter.
- Document version management so that users are always presented with the latest version.
- Ability to convert the document content to a new Document-based Course Type in a single mouse click.
- Content archiving so that you can remove physical files from the system while maintaining all tracking information for reporting.
- Supported document formats: Word, PowerPoint, PDF, Excel, Rich Text Format, and Text type files.
The 17A release introduces a new Document-based Course to support assigned Informal/Unstructured training requirements such as assigning users to SOP (Standard Operating Procedures). Traditionally many customers use the LearnCenter WYSIWYG Course to create courses with document links to track that users have viewed a document. The Document-based Course can be mapped to users through Learning Plans, Assignments, Skills, or Enrollments. Additionally, the new Document-based Course viewer includes responsive design so users can access the content from any device (PC, tablet, or phone) to complete their training.
With the Document-based Course you will be able to:
- Deep linking to a course from external systems.
- Support course workflows:
- Multiple Attempts
- Expired Attempts
- Expired Completions
- Pre-Test assessments
- Post-Test assessments
- Course Survey
- Course Certificate
- Feedback Form
- Course Completion page
- Add Document-based Course to Learning Plans, Assignments, Skills, or Enrollments.
- Ability to search for Document Courses using the Search Widget.
- Add the Content to a LearnCenter Design Page for general access by users.
- LearnCenter Design pages display only the active version of the Document Course. This eliminates the need to update pages as content is made inactive or archived.
Copyright © 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This document is provided for information purposes only, and the contents hereof are subject to change without notice. This document is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We specifically disclaim any liability with respect to this document, and no contractual obligations are formed either directly or indirectly by this document. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Intel and Intel Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All SPARC trademarks are used under license and are trademarks or registered trademarks of SPARC International, Inc. AMD, Opteron, the AMD logo, and the AMD Opteron logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.