If you're an Oracle technology expert, conference attendees want to hear it straight from you. So don't wait—proposals must be submitted by April 15.
The 2014 Call for Proposals is now open. Have something interesting to present to the world's largest gathering of Oracle technologists and business leaders? Making breakthrough innovations with Oracle offerings? We want to hear from you, and so do the attendees at this year's Oracle OpenWorld conference. Submit your proposal now for a chance to share your expertise at one of the most important technology and business conferences of the year. MySQL experts, use this tool to submit your proposals.
We recommend you take the time to review the General Information, Content Program Policies, and Tips and Guidelines pages before you begin. We look forward to your submissions.
By submitting a session for consideration, you authorize Oracle to promote, publish, display, and disseminate the content submitted to Oracle, including your name and likeness, for use associated with the Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne San Francisco 2014 conferences. Please submit your proposal by clicking on the link below.
|Call for Proposals—Open||Tuesday, March 18|
|Call for Proposals—Closed||Tuesday, April 15, 11:59 p.m. PDT|
|Final notifications for accepted and declined submissions sent||Mid-June|
Note that the submission tool will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity based on the oldest inactive tool window.
Browsers supported are Internet Explorer 8 and 9, Firefox 3.6 and higher, Chrome 15.x, and Safari 5.1.
An Oracle.com user account is required to submit a proposal. If you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to create one before submitting. Once you create your account, you'll be taken to the login page for the Call for Proposals tool. If at any time you forget your username and password, simply select the "Retrieve/Forgot Password or Username" option.
Title*: Maximum character limit is 80 characters, including spaces (approximately 12 to 17 words)
Abstract*: Maximum character limit is 750 characters, including spaces
- Exception: if you choose a product from the Applications products list, you must choose one Solution track.
- Exception: if you choose to submit a session in the MySQL Connect track, you must choose a primary track; selecting a secondary track is optional.
Session Type*: Describes the format in which the topic will be delivered
Target Audience: Select 1 or 2 values that best describe the audience your presentation will most appeal to.
*Submitting on behalf of a user group? If you are a current member of a user group and are submitting your session as a member, please answer yes to that question. Please keep in mind, each submission may only be associated with one user group and the content should be relevant to what that group supports.
Each submission must have at least one speaker assigned in order to be considered.
- Receives all speaker communications
- Must provide information including speaker name, company name, e-mail address, and mobile number
It is always a plus to include more speaker information, including a biography and Twitter handle.
Speaker Limit by Session Type:
- Maximum of 3 Oracle speakers
- Maximum of 2 non-Oracle speakers
- Can consist of any combination as long as it does not exceed 3 speakers in total
- Maximum of 5 Oracle speakers
- Maximum of 4 non-Oracle speakers
- Can consist of any combination as long as it does not exceed 5 speakers in total
Review Your Session Information
In this section, you will be asked to review all submitted information for accuracy. If you notice any incorrect or missing information, you may go back and edit. If everything looks correct, click the finish button to complete your submission. This will bring you to the confirmation page with options for next steps.
All papers will be reviewed by the Conference Review Committee. The Conference Review Committee will seek out prospective presenters to submit high quality abstracts that clearly outline the content of the session.
Oracle is interested in original proposals showcasing Oracle's products, services, and solutions in an original and innovative and informative way. Proposals should have a clear focus and tell the audience what they will learn from the session. The committee is looking for proposals from all types of companies and organizations that showcase new ideas and demonstrate a cutting-edge approach. Proposals that excite attendees and provoke discussion are always a plus.
Below are examples of some of the broad areas of interest our Conference Review Committee may be seeking:
The following information provides additional general guidelines.
On behalf of myself and my company/organization, which is designated below ("Organization"), and in consideration of my participation in either of these events: Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2014 and/or JavaOne San Francisco 2014, which are scheduled to take place September 28 to October 2, 2014 in San Francisco (the "Event"), I grant Oracle (and its designated contractors) and its subsidiaries and affiliates under common control ("Oracle") the following permissions in connection with the Event:
1. Permission to make sound and visual recordings of any and all presentation(s) I give in relation to the Event ("Presentation") on film, tape, disk, and/or other forms of media, whether in analog or digital format (the "Recordings").
2. Permission to use and distribute my name, voice, biographic material, likeness, and portrait (hereinafter collectively referred to as my "Likeness") in connection with my Presentation or the Recordings, for the purpose of publicizing or promoting my Presentation(s) at/participation in the Event.
3. Permission to use, copy, translate, reformat, edit, broadcast, publish, perform, promote, distribute, digitize, transmit, make derivative works based upon, and/or display all or parts of my Presentation, the Recordings, a transcript of the Recordings, and any presentation materials that I provide to Oracle and use in connection with my Presentation, including without limitation any written speeches, visual aids, or other visual or written materials used, performed, displayed, and/or provided by me in connection with the Presentation (the "Presentation Materials"). This includes, without limitation, the right to make and distribute a DVD, CD, flash memory card, memory stick, PC card, audio tape, video tape, and/or other recording of the Event proceedings that contains the Recordings and Presentation Materials, the right to distribute the Presentation Materials via download from Oracle's affiliated websites, and the right to distribute, display, broadcast, rebroadcast, and reproduce my Presentation, in any and all media existing now or later developed, as part of Event proceedings and archives that Oracle makes available on its website or elsewhere. Any such use must be in connection with the Event or future versions of the Event, and must not be misleading or reflect negatively on my Organization or me.
4. Permission to incorporate the Presentation Materials into the Recordings, in whole or in part.
I understand that neither my Organization nor I will receive any compensation for granting these permissions. Oracle has no obligation to use or record and is not granted any other permissions or rights with respect to my Likeness, my Presentation, the Recordings, or the Presentation Materials. Oracle reserves the right to cancel a session or speaker at the Event if necessary.
I represent and warrant that I have the right to the Presentation and Presentation Materials except any Presentation Materials listed herein, that the publication of this Presentation and Presentation Materials will not infringe on the patent, trademark, copyright rights of others, nor is it slanderous, libelous, or an invasion of any person's right of privacy or publicity. I further represent and warrant that I have full power to grant this license to Oracle. I have read and understand the provisions above, and I (a) confirm that I am the person named in this consent form and (b) grant this permission and agree to the terms and conditions set forth above on behalf of my Organization and myself.