Oracle Data Access Software for Windows
Oracle's data access components offer high performance and efficient access to Oracle data from Microsoft Windows.
a) Oracle Universal Installer (188.8.131.52.0)
b) Oracle Data Provider for .NET (184.108.40.206.00)
c) Oracle Client (220.127.116.11.0)
d) Oracle ODBC Driver (18.104.22.168.0)
e) Oracle Provider for OLE DB (22.214.171.124.0)
f) Oracle Objects for OLE (126.96.36.199.0)
g) Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server (188.8.131.52.0)
The following items are required on a system to use this software:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003
- Access to an Oracle Database Server (Oracle8 or later)
- Oracle Client (184.108.40.206.0) or higher; Oracle Client (220.127.116.11.0) or higher is recommended
- Redistributable files provided with MDAC 2.1 or higher ( www.microsoft.com/data/) if using the Oracle Provider for OLE DB
- Microsoft .NET Framework ( msdn.microsoft.com/netframework) if using the Oracle Data Provider for .NET
- Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server (18.104.22.168.0 or higher). Required only for applications using Enterprise Services transactions or distributed transactions.
Instructions for Installing Oracle Data Access Software for Windows
1. Although not required, it is recommended both Oracle9i Release 2 Client and Database (22.214.171.124.0 or higher) be installed. ODP.NET's XML DB functionality may not perform optimally without upgrading both the client and server to version 126.96.36.199 or higher. This patch is available from Oracle Metalink.
2. Download ODAC92070.exe onto a temporary folder.
3. Execute ODAC92070.exe to unzip its contents.
4. Run the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) in .\Disk1\setup.exe to install the software.
5. After installation of the OUI update is completed, install any required Oracle data access components, such as Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Oracle Objects for OLE. The installer requires each data access component to be installed one at a time.
6. After the installation, delete ODAC92070.exe and the temporary installation folders and files.
Do not download this file into the "Tmp" directory.
Common Install and Setup Issues
1. Consult the release notes first for any known issues or limitations.
2. Check to see if the Oracle data access components was properly downloaded by comparing the download size to the one listed on the download page.
3. If you have more than one Oracle Home installed on the same machine (e.g. Oracle8i client and Oracle9i Release 2 client), use the Oracle Home Selector to run your applications with Oracle9i Release 2 client.
Support and Bug Reports
For any bugs and issues, please participate in our discussion group.