Our Veterans | Oracle Diversity and Inclusion
Oracle Hires and Supports America's Veterans
Oracle recognizes those who have served in the United States Armed Forces, and we are especially proud to acknowledge and support our own employees and their families who have served or are serving in the military. Oracle has hired men and women from every service branch, veterans who have held positions including infantry, combat engineer, operations specialist, chief logistics readiness officer, platoon sergeant, and brigadier general.
Oracle has a long history helping veterans find employment, especially those injured during their service. Efforts include:
Veterans Recruiting, Networking and Outreach:
Oracle supports a broad range of efforts that provides veterans and injured veterans with opportunities to build professional networks and find civilian jobs that build on their skills. This includes events such as the Project Hired Wounded Warrior Conference and Summit as well as the Transition Services Expo at Fort Carson, Colorado, and the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America Annual Heroes Gala.
In addition, Oracle has hosted and continues to host leadership and get-connected events for veterans that feature screenings of the movie "High Ground." These screenings provide what has proven to be an excellent bridge to attract and connect veterans for hiring, training, and certification opportunities at Oracle and Oracle partners.
Oracle Injured Veteran Intern Program
Oracle sponsors a job-training program that offers paid work experience and mentoring for soldiers injured in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
The mission of the Workforce Development Program is to offer affordable, flexible, industry-recognized Oracle certification training to US veterans, resulting in employment and an increase in earning potential. More than 200 education partners across the US offer traditional and online training to help develop skills necessary for top IT jobs. We provide expert assistance in selecting courses, educational paths, and locations.
- Joining Forces: In partnership with Cisco and Futures Inc, Oracle participates in the White House initiative Joining Forces by encouraging its more than 20,000 US channel partners and suppliers to support the education, certification, and hiring of veterans. Joining Forces is aimed at assisting veterans beginning careers in fields such as computer programming and software development.
- Project HIRED Business Collaborative for the Wounded Warrior Workforce: Oracle serves as a platinum member of this collaborative, making a commitment to support, train, hire, and retain injured veterans who are joining the civilian workforce. Project Hired assists veterans in evolving their military training, resourcefulness, and resilience into successful civilian careers.
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA): Oracle is a corporate sponsor of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America and their Fullbridge Program, a rigorous, three-week business course to give veterans the business skills they need for a successful transition to the civilian workforce.
- Fisher House: Each year, Oracle contributes $20,000 to Fisher House, an organization that provides housing free of charge to injured veterans and their families. In total, Oracle has donated $155,000 over the years to support Fisher House in its work to build homes and provide services for veterans and their families during medical treatment and rehabilitation.
Oracle Employees Service and Commitment
- Employee Matching Grants: Any time an Oracle employee contributes US$300 to a non- profit group that supports veterans. Oracle matches that gift. Last year Oracle contributed more than $315,000 to match employee donations to veterans service organizations.
- Employee Volunteerism: From participating in job fairs to providing skills training to running in marathons and providing care packages for "adopted" units of deployed US military service members serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other conflict regions, Oracle employees take action and give back.
- Oracle Veterans Affinity Group: The Oracle Veterans Affinity Group consists of Oracle employees who are veterans or have family members who are veterans. Members of Oracle Veterans Affinity Group support a number of organizations including: