Major companies and organizations including American Red Cross, Deloitte, Gap, Hertz, National Grid, Sainsbury’s and Stitch Fix are taking home a 2018 Excellence Award presented to them during Oracle OpenWorld this week.
The Oracle Excellence Awards is an annual program that recognizes an extraordinary set of customers and partners for exceptional use of Oracle solutions to accelerate innovation and drive business transformation and value by increasing agility, lowering costs, and reducing IT complexity. Each year, the winners are chosen from hundreds of nominations that come in from across the globe. Oracle is honored to congratulate each winner on their leadership and proud they have chosen Oracle technology to help power their cloud transformations.
Winners were announced in six customer categories:
- Oracle Cloud Platform Innovation – awarded to customers and partners who are using Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to accelerate innovation and drive business transformation by increasing agility, lowering costs and reducing IT complexity. This year’s winners are Accruent, American Red Cross, Amplifon, An Post, Anthem, CargoSmart, Certified Origins, CherryRoad Technologies, Cisco, CoreLogic, Cox Automotive, Doosan Bobcat, Drop Tank, Everything But The House (EBTH), EPB - Electric Power Board of Chattanooga, European Bank Of Reconstruction and Development, Expedia Group, FORs, Future Robot, Galeries Lafayette, The Gap, Inc., Genpact, Glesby Marks, Gonzaga University, Grupo Edson Queiroz, Hospital Alemao Oswaldo Cruz, ICICI Bank, IdentityMind Global, iGeolise, Illinois Casualty Company (ICC), Inspirage, Kingold Group, Latham Pool Products, Los Angeles Unified School District, Manhattan Associates, Maxim ’s Caterers Limited, Meliá Hotels International, Ministry of Interior Turkey, Mphasis, Mutua Madrid Open, Nextel, OceanX, Oi, Optima, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sabre, Sainsbury ’s, Samsung Medical Center, Sant Just Desvern, Sauce, Sejel Technology, Siram, SK hynix, Solairus Aviation, SRF, Stitch Fix, Syneos Health, The Co-operative Group, The University of Adelaide, Toll Holdings, and Wpromote.
- Cloud Architect of the Year – awarded to individuals that have driven successful cloud deployments, specifically in data management and analytics. These winners possess expert technical skills, adaptability and a keen strategic view of dynamic operations and the agile lifecycle of a cloud transformation. This year’s winners are Erik Dvergsnes, architect, Aker BP ASA; Steven Chang, CIO, Kingold Group Co. Ltd.; Dave Magnell, principal systems and planning management, Sabre; and Leonardo Simões, head of analytics, UnitedHealth Group Brazil.
- Chief Data Officer of the Year – awarded to outstanding individuals that have leveraged data and analytics as key assets to fuel business innovation. This year’s winners are Pablo Giudici, big data analytics manager, Agea Digital, Clarin Group; Luis Esteban Grifoll, CDO and director of AI and cognitive projects, CaixaBank; V. Kalyana Rama, chairman and managing director, CONCOR; and Steve Chamberlin, CDO, Quality Metrics Partners (QMP).
- Data Warehouse and Big Data Leader of the Year – recognizes individuals with vast and superior Oracle product knowledge who deliver successful implementations and usage of Oracle data warehouse and big data. This year’s winners are Benjamin Arnulf, senior director, business intelligence and analytics, The Hertz Corporation; Cheol Ki Kim, assistant manager, Hyundai Home Shopping; Vicente Alencar, head of advanced analytics and business intelligence, Nextel; and Conny Björling, head of enterprise architecture, Skanska AB.
- Leadership in Infrastructure Transformation – awarded to leaders who have directed successful business transformation using Oracle Infrastructure technologies to reduce the cost of IT operations, improve time to technology deployments, and drive performance gains and enhanced end user productivity. This year’s winners are Michael Polepchuk, deputy CIO, BCS Global Markets; Brian Young, vice president, Cerner; Brian Bream, CTO, Collier IT; Rudolf Rotheneder, CEO, cons4u GmbH; Heidi Ratini, senior director of engineering, IT convergence; Philip Adams, CTO, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory; JK Pareek, vice president, global IT and CIO, Nidec Americas Holding Corporation; Bariş Findik, CIO, Pegasus Airlines; Michael Myhrén, senior DBA senior systems engineer, Saab; and Charles Mongeon, vice president data center solutions and services, TELUS Corporation. More information on these winners can be found here.
- Oracle Sustainability Innovation – awarded to customers and their partners that are embracing environmental initiatives as a central part of their businesses and leveraging technology to support those efforts. These award-winning organizations are using many different Oracle products to take an environmental lead as well as to reduce costs and improve business efficiencies using green business practices. The top award winner, City of San Jose, was awarded the 2018 Chief Sustainability Officer of the Year Award. Other winners include Colegio de Bachilleres, iGeolise, KMG Rompetrol, Mercury NZ Limited, National Grid, Orlando Utilities Commission, Public Company Motorway of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Redstone Content Solutions LLC, State of Wisconsin, and Telecable S.A.
Winners were announced in four partner categories:
- Specialized Partner of the Year – awarded to outstanding specialized partners who are committed to delivering innovative solutions and business achievements, along with excellence in sales, marketing, solution development and customer satisfaction. This year’s global winners are Accenture, Accenture Australia, Appslink Computer Design, Avanttic Consultoria Technologica, BPI OnDemand Ltd., Deloitte, Inspirage, K.K. Ashisuto, KPMG, LinkPlus Bilgisayar Sistemieri, and Logicalis GmbH.
- Oracle Cloud ISV Partner of the Year – recognizes outstanding Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) members committed to delivering innovative solutions that run on Oracle Cloud. Award winners have demonstrated excellence across sales, marketing, expandable markets, customer satisfaction, and repeatable solutions powered by Oracle Cloud. This year’s winners are KNAPP AG, Manhattan Associates, MDSL, Moreton Bay Technology, and New Soft Informatica Limeira Ltda.
- Global Cloud Solution Award – awarded to an outstanding OPN partner's commitment to developing and delivering innovative cloud solutions highlighted with business achievements. It recognizes partner distinction in solution development and execution, sales, marketing, revenue achievement, and customer satisfaction. This year’s winner is Deloitte.
- OPN Cloud Excellence in Customer Satisfaction – highlights and showcases highly qualified regional and global partners who provide excellence in customer service demonstrated through superior implementation delivery. This year’s winners are Evolutionary Systems Pvt Ltd (APAC), Evolutionary Systems Company Limited (EMEA), Infinity Systems and Solutions Informatica LTDA (LAD), and Inspirage LLC (NA).
Oracle Excellence Award winners represent a wide range of customers and partners from small and medium businesses to the largest enterprises, spanning a wide range of industries. For more information, visit https://www.oracle.com/corporate/awards/.