This tutorial covers how to manage users and roles using the Security tab of the My Services application of Oracle Cloud.
Time to Complete
Approximately 20 minutes
The Oracle Cloud is based on the Oracle Identity Manager product. This enables you to add and remove users, grant them permissions related to administration and usage of the service, and connect credentials across multiple instances you have purchased.
In this tutorial, you review your own user profile, change your password, set your security questions and review your current roles. In addition, you create a new user and assign the user to a variety of roles at different times to see the differences between them.
Before starting this tutorial, you should have performed the following tutorials:
Accessing the Security Tab of My Services
To manage users and roles for your service, sign in to the Oracle Cloud My Services application. Perform the following steps:
Creating a New User and Assigning Roles
You are now ready to create a new user and assign the user roles. Note that only Identity domain Administrators can create users. Both Identity domain Administrators and Service Administrators can assign or revoke roles. Perform the following steps:
Finding Direct URLs to Give to Various Users
In this section, you learn how to find the URL you need to give to your developers to develop in Application Express and also how to find the URL you can give to end users so they can access the applications you have built and installed in your Database Cloud Service. Perform the following steps:
In this tutorial, you have learned how to:
- Access the Security tab of My Services
- Access the sub-tabs of the Security tab, to review users and roles
- Create a new user
- Assign roles to users
- Find direct URLS to give to various users
To help navigate this Oracle by Example, note the following:
- Hiding Header Buttons:
- Click the Title to hide the buttons in the header. To show the buttons again, simply click the Title again.
- Topic List Button:
- A list of all the topics. Click one of the topics to navigate to that section.
- Expand/Collapse All Topics:
- To show/hide all the detail for all the sections. By default, all topics are collapsed
- Show/Hide All Images:
- To show/hide all the screenshots. By default, all images are displayed.
- To print the content. The content currently displayed or hidden will be printed.
To navigate to a particular section in this tutorial, select the topic from the list.