WELCOME ORACLE PARTNERNETWORK MEMBERS!
Oracle has acquired GoldenGate, a leading provider of real-time data integration solutions. GoldenGate's best-in-class solutions enable real-time data integration and management by capturing and delivering updates of critical information as the changes occur and providing continuous synchronized data across heterogeneous environments. Companies are expected to gain improved business intelligence across the enterprise, with more accurate and timely analysis of real-time business performance.
GoldenGate's complementary product accelerates Oracle's product strategy to manage real-time data integration through a comprehensive data integration platform. This combination is expected to deliver the fastest and most scalable real-time data integration solution for customers.
About GoldenGate Software
GoldenGate is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA, that delivers solutions for real-time data integration, high availability and disaster tolerance.
GoldenGate is recognized as a best-in-class leader in real-time data integration that enables non-invasive real-time data capture and delivery across heterogeneous systems. Oracle and GoldenGate have been partners for over ten years, and share a vision on providing customers with a comprehensive real-time data integration solution.
GoldenGate’s products already integrate with Oracle Database, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and several Oracle Applications. Oracle is expected to increase support and investment across wide breadth of operating systems, data sources and applications. GoldenGate has a proven customer and partner base, and many of GoldenGate’s customers are also Oracle customers.
Why the Combination
With the proposed combination, Oracle will be able to provide the fastest, most scalable real-time data integration solution. We see an exceptional strategic fit between Oracle and GoldenGate in terms of complementary product strengths and support for standards.
The combination extends Oracle Middleware to provide replication and data movement capabilities to heterogeneous sources and targets, enables real-time information feeds to Oracle Business Intelligence and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management for better business insights and finally enables zero-downtime migration and upgrades for mission critical Oracle Applications.
In addition, GoldenGate’s real-time data integration offerings are complementary to Oracle’s current data integration product offerings: Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition, Oracle Data Integration Suite, Oracle Data Service Integrator, Oracle Data Quality, and Oracle Data Profiling.
GoldenGate enhances real-time data replication and synchronization across heterogeneous systems, while ensuring continuous data availability for business applications across multiple systems. These capabilities complement both the current value and future product strategies at Oracle.
Click here for the strategic rationale for this deal and an overview of GoldenGate.
Benefits for Partners
After the close of the transaction, we expect that Oracle partners will benefit from working with a single solution to provide customers with a comprehensive platform for real-time data integration.
The combination is expected to provide partners with the following benefits after the transaction closes:
- Opportunity to extend solution offering with GoldenGate’s products.
- Ability to offer GoldenGate's capabilities which are already integrated with Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Applications, Oracle Business Intelligence, and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management.
- GoldenGate is also complementary to Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition, Oracle Data Integration, Oracle Data Service Integrator, Oracle Data Quality, and Oracle Data Profiling.
- Increased product support and investment from Oracle.
- Access to a broad portfolio of solutions, comprehensive resources to support partner business, and opportunities for growth.
- Opportunity to access Oracle’s partner ecosystem and benefit from the Oracle PartnerNetwork, our global world-class partner program.
GOLDENGATE SOFTWARE ACQUISITION DETAILS
INFORMATION FOR PARTNERS
- Letter to Oracle partners announcing the close of the acquisition and GoldenGate sessions at Oracle OpenWorld 2009.
- Customer and Partner Overview and FAQ.
- Overview presentation on what the proposed combination means for customers and partners.
- Press Release: Oracle Buys GoldenGate Software.
- Letter to Oracle partners from Judson Althoff, SVP, Worldwide A&C and Embedded Sales, outlining the benefits of the proposed combination.
- Letter to customers from Hasan Rizvi, Senior Vice President, Oracle Fusion Middleware Product Development.
GOLDENGATE SOFTWARE AND RELATED CONTENT ON OPN
Click one of the links below to find existing Oracle products related to GoldenGate Software within the Oracle PartnerNetwork. Some of these links require you to be existing members of specific Knowledge Zones. If you are not currently a member, please select the link for non-Knowledge Zone members to learn how to join.
GoldenGate product content: