Opportunities Through Oracle's GoAhead Acquisition
Oracle CRM Customer Service Product Footprint
Discover. Prepare. Sell. Deliver.
Direct access to specialized enablement, sales resources, and more.
- Simplified deployment and maintenance of telecom services in the call path of the network
- Access to a complete stack of carrier-grade software and hardware from a single vendor
- Faster time to market and significantly lower costs to develop and deploy communications services, helping to spur innovation and improve ROI
- Improved predictability of performance and deployment of new services, reducing risk
- Accelerated development and adoption of standards to address service availability requirements
On September 22, 2011, Oracle announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire GoAhead Software, a pioneer in the development and delivery of packaged service availability software for the communications industry. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close before the end of 2011. Until the deal closes, each company will continue to operate independently.
Network equipment providers (NEPs) are moving to a standardized software and hardware platform that can deliver and manage highly available services. Oracle, with the combination of GoAhead technology, plans to deliver a comprehensive, standards-based and carrier-grade platform that supports the delivery of telecom services in the call path of the network.
Read the press release