Opportunities Through Oracle's Pillar Data Systems Acquisition
Oracle’s Complete Storage Portfolio
Welcome Pillar Data Systems Partners
Discover. Prepare. Sell. Deliver.
PILLAR DATA SYSTEMS CHANNEL OPPORTUNITIES
- The most complete offering in the industry and wider range of storage products: Partners who resell storage will now have a true end-to-end storage offering that is integrated into the Oracle stack and backed by Oracle’s R&D and brand.
- Improved Storage Area Network (SAN) offering: Partners now have an exciting new addition to the Oracle storage portfolio, bringing strong SAN product differentiation in mid-range storage.
- Strongly differentiated mid-range storage product: The Pillar products offer a significant update to the Sun 6000 series and deliver high performance, storage efficiency, system-wide QoS, application aware storage, and distributed RAID.
- New professional services and implementation opportunities: Partners who offer professional services for storage may see increased margins from services revenues.
- Large customer base leveraging core products.
- Tremendous opportunity to cross & up-sell.
- Incentive plan including aggressive partner rebates.
On June 29, 2011, Oracle announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Pillar Data Systems, a leading provider of innovative and highly scalable SAN Block I/O storage systems that provide exceptional performance scaling characteristics with patented Quality of Service.
The combination is expected to help Oracle deliver a complete line of storage products that runs Oracle software faster and more efficiently.
Read the press release