Oracle Utilities Application Framework v4.x Configuration Tools Boot Camp
The Oracle Utilities Application Framework (OUAF) Configuration Tools boot camp covers how many of the OUAF products can be extended by populating metadata (rather than by programming). The technology enables development of reusable objects that cut down on implementation time, and extensions are automatically upgraded when future releases of the products are introduced. Ultimately, these tools offer flexibility with which clients’ needs could be met without changing the usual product implementation methodology.
This course is applicable to all Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) products supported by the Oracle Utilities Applications Framework v4.x including the following:
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing (CCB v2.x)
- Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management (MDM v2.x)
- Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management (MWM v2.x)
- Oracle Smart Grid Gateway (SGG v2.x)
- Differences between OUAF v2.x and OUAF v4.x
In addition to explaining how to use the Configuration Tools, this class also explains many of the common front-end and back-end design patterns behind the OUAF products. Understanding these design patterns allows more efficient and consistent design of extensions across projects.
View here (PDF) prerequisite training, environment requirements and detailed agenda.
- Describe the architecture, features, how the components work together and common interfacing strategies
- Recognize how the business objects delivered with OUAF products are self-documenting and how to use this documentation to learn how each product works
- Appreciate how many base-product business objects belong to hierarchies where the business rules are encapsulated at abstract levels
- Apply additional business rules and elements (Character Large Objects - CLOBs) to the base-product business objects at any level in the business object hierarchies
- Apply new business objects and hierarchies
- Comprehend how business objects are secured and how to manage the security configuration
- Database Designers
- Business Analysts
- Functional Implementers
- Project Managers
- Sales Consultants
Related OPN Boot Camps
- Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management (MDM) v2 Functionality For Implementers Boot Camp
- Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management (MDM) v2 Fundamentals Boot Camp
- Oracle Customer Care and Billing (CCB) v2.x Functionality for Implementers Boot Camp
Oracle provides access to the Enablement 2.0 Boot Camp Program exclusively to Oracle Partners. Fees may vary by boot camp and geographic region and partners should check the instance details for the boot camp(s) they are interested in attending.