Important Information for Sun Partners Transitioning to OPN
The Sun Partner Advantage Program Membership Center (aka partner portal) was decommissioned on October 16, 2010. However, you are still able to access key tools. In some cases, the tools will be unchanged in the near-term. In other cases, you will be referred to a comparable tool within the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN). The information on this site will help guide you to the tools you need to help ensure a smooth transition into OPN.
How to Access Key Sun Tools
Several of the tools you are accustomed to using in the Sun Partner Advantage Program will be continued in the OPN program in the near-term. As the tools are replaced you will be notified.
Individuals who previously had access to these tools may log in using their Sun online account username and password. * No new access will be granted.
Support for tools is available via the Oracle Partner Business Center. Resolution for issues may not be immediately available as tool-related support will be available from 8 am to 5 pm (US Pacific time) on weekdays. Issues falling outside of this time period will be addressed on the next US business day.
Locations of Other Sun Tools & Key OPN Program Resources
Membership in OPN is required for access to some tools.
*NOTE: Support for this tool will be available from 8 am to 5 pm (US Pacific time) on weekdays. Issues falling outside of this time period will be addressed on the next US business day.
Access to System Updates, Sun Partner FAQs, Sun Partner CIC Document
- If you already have an Oracle User ID and Password, please send your user ID and company name to SUN_PARTNER_COMMUNICATIONS_US@ORACLE.COM and request access to “Sun System Updates”
- If you do not have an Oracle User ID* and Password, please:
You will be contacted within 24-48 hours confirming access has been granted.
Already have access? Visit the Sun System Updates page on OPN today.
*NOTE: You do not need to have a contract with Oracle to request an Oracle User ID.
Sun Systems Engineer (SE) Guide Availability
The Sun Systems Engineer (SE) Guides are available in the Knowledge Zones.
- Partner training: Oracle offers a full line up of training designed to help you understand the OPN program and maximize your investment. Click here for a schedule.
- Interested in joining the OPN Program? Get started here.
- Need detailed information on the steps you need to take to join OPN and become resell authorized? Access the Step by Step Guide to joining OPN.