Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management v2 and Oracle Real-Time Scheduler v2 Fundamentals Boot Camp
Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management (MWM) and Oracle Real-time Scheduler (ORS) are allied, commercial off-the-shelf applications that simplify and optimize the scheduling, dispatching, and tracking of field activities and mobile service crews. Sharing the same architecture and constituent parts the two applications are utilized in and targeted at specific customer markets: MWM in the Utilities arena and ORS in the Distribution, Retail, Field Service and other sectors.
The boot camp will introduce new users and users of previous MWM and ORS releases to the basic functionality of the Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management v2.x and Oracle Real-Time Scheduler v2.x applications. It will familiarize participants with how to use the system to setup crews, work, and parameters to allow a Scheduler to efficiently plan work for a mobile workforce.
The application includes the following major functional components:
- Resource scheduling and planning: Supports resource planners and service managers in managing resources, planning shifts and scheduling work. The system automatically generates shifts and optimizes the schedule based on business rules.
- Common dispatching functionality: Supports dispatchers as they handle exceptions throughout the day, and enables context-based decision making at the dispatcher level. The system can be configured to automatically dispatch all activities or limit auto-dispatching to certain activity types or shifts. The system maintains real-time communication with mobile resources, tracks the location of crews and vehicles, and allows dispatchers to monitor and manage activities, crews, alerts, and key performance indicators. Common dispatching functionality is provided through the Common Dispatching Interface (CDI) portal.
- Mobile communications platform: Supports mobile crews as they perform service work, facilitating communication with the dispatcher, providing GPS-based mapping services, and processing activity status updates and work completion details. Mobile communications platform functionality is provided through the Oracle Real-Time Scheduler mobile application.
View here (PDF) prerequisite training, environment requirements and detailed agenda.
- Business Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- Functional Implementer
- Project Manager
- Sales Consultants
- Security Administrators
- Technical Consultant
Related OPN Boot Camps
- Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management (MWM) v2 Implementers
- Oracle Utilities Application Framework Configuration Tools
Oracle provides access to the Enablement 2.0 Boot Camp Program exclusively to Oracle Partners. Fees may vary by boot camp and geographic region and partners should check the instance details for the boot camp(s) they are interested in attending