Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) and ODAC Software
ODP.NET offers high performance and efficient access to Oracle data sources from Microsoft .NET application servers.
a) Oracle Data Provider for .NET (10.1.0.4.0)
b) Oracle ODBC Driver (10.1.0.3.1)
c) Oracle Provider for OLE DB (10.1.0.4.0)
d) Oracle Objects for OLE (10.1.0.5.2)
e) Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server (10.1.0.4.0)
f) Oracle Client (10.1.0.2.0)
g) Oracle Universal Installer (10.1.0.4.0)
The following items are required on a system to use this software:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003
- Access to an Oracle Database Server (Oracle8i or later)
- Oracle Client (10.1.0.2.0) or higher, which is included
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 or higher ( msdn.microsoft.com/netframework)
- Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server (10.1.0.4.0 or higher). Required only for applications using Enterprise Services transactions or distributed transactions.
Instructions for Installing Oracle Data Access Software for Windows
1. Download ODAC10104.exe into a temporary folder.
2. Execute ODAC10104.exe to unzip its contents.
3. Run the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) by double clicking on setup.exe within the "Disk1" directory that was unzipped.
4. OUI will lead you through installing ODAC on your machine.
5. After the installation, delete ODAC10104.exe and the temporary installation folders and files.
Please note: Do not download this file into the "Tmp" directory.
Common Install and Setup Issues
1. Consult the release notes first for any known issues or limitations.
2. Check to see if the Oracle data access components were properly downloaded by comparing the download size to the one listed on the download page.
3. If you have more than one Oracle Home installed on the same machine (e.g. Oracle9i Release 2 client and Oracle10g client), use OUI to run your applications with the Oracle10g client. Open OUI, click on the "Installed Products..." tab, then click on the "Environment" tab in the upper left-hand corner, choose the primary Oracle Home, and apply the settings.
4. It's highly recommended that ODP.NET 10.1.0.4.0 be installed to a new Oracle Home. Installing ODP.NET on top of an existing Oracle home may break existing Oracle applications. This version installs ODP.NET 10.1.0.4.0 and Oracle Client 10.1.0.2.0. ODP.NET 10.1.0.4.0 requires Oracle Client 10.1.0.2.0 or higher.
5. The install will register the following two policy DLLs in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) that redirect 9.2 and 10.1 ODP.NET applications to use ODP.NET 10.1.0.4.0:
Additionally, the ODP.NET API documentation is installed as part of Visual Studio .NET Dynamic Help.
Support and Bug Reports
For any bugs and issues, please participate in the ODP.NET discussion forum.