Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1 Supply Chain Management Essentials Implementation Boot Camp
Enablement 2.0 Boot Camps "jump start" your skills by providing hands-on foundational experience to get you started on the path to successful deployment, to get faster ROI, and to adapt more quickly to changes in your business environment.
This boot camp will be archived. No new classes will be scheduled for this bootcamp except the Live Virtual Training already scheduled for 21 Nov.-2 Dec. 2011.*
What will we cover
This boot camp is designed to educate and make Oracle Partners aware of Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12.1 Supply Chain Management (SCM) through this Essentials training program. By attending this 10-day boot camp, a combination of lecture, hands-on exercises, and case study, students will gain valuable insight into the Oracle SCM R12.1 features and functions.
The focus of the boot camp will be to educate Oracle partners on Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1 SCM Essentials. The following main topics will be covered:
- Oracle Inventory, which can improve inventory visibility, reduce inventory levels and control inventory operations.
- Oracle Purchasing, the centerpiece of Oracle Advanced Procurement and in many respects, its enhancements are the centerpiece of R12.1
- Oracle Order Management, which drives the order fulfillment process of any business. This boot camp will walk through the open, workflow based architecture, which supports tailored, automated fulfillment processes without customization and captures multi-channel demand from sources including EDI, XML, telesales or web storefronts.
Who should attend
The intended audience for the Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1 SCM Essentials boot camp is Oracle partner new E-Business Suite functional implementation consultants and possibly presales consultants, who have not had any experience with Oracle E-Business Suite SCM in the past. The current skill set for the expected attendees for this class will be implementation consultants focused on business process & application configuration. This class will not cover programming or the writing of programs, building integrations or extensions of the Oracle EBS, or customizations using the Oracle EBS Discoverer.
Participation in this workshop requires the participant has solid foundational product knowledge, especially the new functional capabilities in the Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1 SCM Essentials. To achieve this we are requiring all participants:
- Have reviewed the prerequisite courses and successfully passed the prerequisite assessment test that are mapped into the Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1 SCM Essentials Implementation Boot Camp guided learning path.
With this approach, we can determine a partner’s knowledge level and streamlines this right up front. The Assessment Test accomplishes this and can be taken without completing the other steps within the Guided Learning Path. This gives Oracle the ability to validate a Partners product knowledge, whether via project experience or via education, through the use of the assessment test.
1. All attendees must bring their own laptops with wireless cards
2. Track specific pre-requisites must be completed a week prior to scheduled training
Click here (PDF) for additional information and detailed agenda.
*This boot camp has been replaced by the following 4 new Implementation Boot Camps:
- Oracle EBS Essentials
- Oracle EBS R12.1 Inventory Essentials
- Oracle EBS R12.1 Order Management Essentials
- Oracle EBS R12.1 Purchasing Essentials.
- Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Supply Chain Management Implementation Specialist: Oracle Inventory (1Z0-519)
- Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1 Supply Chain Management Certified Implementation Specialist: Purchasing (1Z0-520)
- Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1 Supply Chain Management Certified Implementation Specialist: Order Management (1Z0-521).
Oracle provides access to the Enablement 2.0 Boot Camp Program exclusively to Oracle Partners. Fees may vary by boot camp and geographic region and partners should check the instance details for the boot camp(s) they are interested in attending.