OPN WEBCAST SERIES - SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Mozilla and Google have announced that the next version release of their browsers will automatically block the WebEx plug-in. Users will need to manually enable this plug-in, once they upgrade to the following browser versions:
- Mozilla Firefox version 26 – February 4, 2014 (Estimated)
- Google Chrome version 32 – January 10, 2014 (Estimated)
- Internet Explorer – Recommended browser, no action needed
Cisco is committed to providing a simple and easy way for users to join WebEx meetings, and is currently investing in new, alternative methods to join meetings that do not require the use of plug-ins. We will advise on the recommended alternatives as soon as possible.
- Users must enable the WebEx plug-in for each affected browser.
- For detailed instructions for enabling the WebEx plug-in on the affected browsers, please view Joining a WebEx Meeting on Chrome and Firefox FAQs.