These release notes contain the following:
- Bugs Fixed
- Feature Enhancements
- Before You Start
ORDS installer supports:
- REST SQL and SQL Developer Web configuration
- Custom JDBC urls and TNS
- Allows non-SYSDBA user to install/upgrade, repair and uninstall ORDS
- Bundled SQLcl now includes liquibase features
- Include Orakafka ZIP in all distributions
- Java Home updated to 8u221
- Oracle NoSQL plugin updated to version 19.3.12
- Database Copy added 'Ignore Storage' to avoid tablespace dependencies
- Data Pump Wizard now supports encrypted DMP files
- SQL Editor Code template options panel moved to code editor page
- Code formatter new setting for number of commas to allow before a linebreak on PL/SQL call
- Added SET CODESCAN to look for SQL Injection vulnerabilities
- TABLE IMPORT enhanced to ignore virtual columns
Before You Start
- Oracle SQL Developer 19.4 release requires Oracle Java 8 or 11/12/13, with a minimum version of 1.8 update 121. Go here to download the latest version.
- If SQL Developer cannot find a local JDK, you will be prompted to enter the location path for the JDK. Note that the prompt wants only the folder, not the java.exe. For example C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_152.
- The Data Miner and SVN client features require Java 8
- Saving your connection passwords requires at least Oracle JDK 8u152 (for access to JCE jars)
- Oracle SQL Developer 19.4 is available for Windows 7,8,10 and Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux or Mac OS X. (See full Certification)
Installing or Upgrading
- All new releases of SQL Developer require a full installation. Download and unzip the file into an empty folder. Ensure the "Use folder names" checkbox is checked when unzipping the file.
Support & Feedback
Many of the features in SQL Developer are provided by other Oracle Database teams. Please use their respective OTN Community Spaces to provide feedback..
- For all Data Mining related queries, please use the Data Mining forum
- For all TimesTen related queries, please use the TimesTen forum
- For all OLAP related queries, please use the OLAP forum
- For all Data Modeler related queries, please use the Data Modeler forum
- For all Database Migration related queries, please use the Migrations forum