This technical note explains how to use the Oracle Identity and Access Management Compact Installer on Linux.
The compact installer performs the following actions:
- Installs Oracle Identity and Access Management components and dependent products from binaries supplied by the end user.
- Configures each component to run in a topology optimized for 8GB of RAM. To achieve this, the Compact Installer takes the following steps:
- Reduces the memory footprint of the Oracle Database to about 800 MB.
- Deploys Oracle Identity and Access Management components to run on the minimum number of servers in one Oracle WebLogic domain.
- Removes, or does not start, Oracle Fusion Middleware components that are not relevant to the operation of Oracle Identity and Access Management.
- Integrates Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager, and Oracle Unified Directory components to work together.
See also - IAM Compact Installer discussion forum