CNH Industrial is a global leader in agricultural and earth-moving machinery, trucks, and commercial vehicles sold under the brand name IVECO. They worked with Oracle to cut transportation and logistics overhead and speed up control and dispatch processes.
“Oracle Transportation Management is absolutely the best program for managing transportation and logistics. Its highly evolutionary functionality allows us to monitor the capital goods business sector and improve organization and activity planning according to our company’s needs. The best feature is its dynamism, which makes it easily adaptable to diverse usage and regional requirement.”
- Standardize into a single solution the organization and planning of shipments between raw material suppliers, production plants, and vehicle retailers, enabling logistics management from subsidiaries’ headquarters located in various geographical areas
- Gain a flexible and scalable solution capable of adapting easily to the needs and business opportunities of the capital goods sector
- Optimize and accelerate transportation and logistics planning and coordination
- Reduce overhead and delays in the collection and delivery of goods by means of a standardized infrastructure that helps identify the most advantageous time schedules and economic conditions for the company
Why CNH Industrial chose Oracle
"During software selection, we focused on Oracle products because they stand out for their quality and high tech features. We chose Oracle Transportation Management, in particular, because it proved to be the most complete product available in the market for managing the transportation sector."
—Maurizio Brandino, Iveco ICT Manager, CNH Industrial Company
- Enhanced the efficiency of inbound and outbound transportation by using Oracle Transportation Management to coordinate and synchronize deliveries and collection of materials and goods for different plants, facilitating faster and more efficient production of machinery, power trains, and vehicles throughout the company’s operations
- Optimized processes by using the Oracle solution to monitor the shipment statuses of parts used in agricultural machinery, trucks and commercial vehicles, as well as a for a structured and precise method of creating time schedules and invoices
- Achieved complete visibility into shipment status of machinery parts and materials, thanks to the new unified platform, which provides direct control over transportation in progress, and enables shipping managers to select the best supplier and tariff according to the needs of the company’s business sectors
- Unified and accelerated the group’s transportation management and control system through Oracle Transportation Management, gaining a solution that is standardized across the group, yet also incorporates the specific legal requirements and local needs of the group’s various geographic entities
- Accelerated problem intervention and error recovery to prevent delays in shipping, thanks to the unified structure provided by the solution, which allows operators to identify missing information and react promptly, thus minimizing the chance of interruptions in the manufacturing of agricultural and earth-moving machinery and commercial and specialty vehicles