Now you can easily provide your web visitors with a direct connection to the latest Java download. Simply download one of our cool Java download buttons and display it on your website. Just read and follow the terms below that describe the right way to display a Java download button, and you’re good to go.
Java Download Button Terms
You don’t need a license to use a Java download button, as long as you follow our handy terms. You may not use these logos for any purpose other than linking to the specific corresponding Java download URL (on java.com or the Oracle Technology Network) that is identified with each button. You may not use these buttons on any product. Don’t even think about it. These buttons contain Java trademarks, including but not limited to, the Java word mark and the coffee cup logo. You may not include these trademarks, or any elements of the Java download button, in any logos or other artwork that you create.
Java Download Button Usage Terms
- Unless you have a separate authorization from Oracle, you may only display the Java download button logo provided and you may only display it on your website in compliance with these usage terms. By displaying the download button, you agree to be bound by these usage terms. Dig?
- Your download button must always be an active link to the specific corresponding Java download URL (on java.com or the Oracle Technology Network) that is identified with each download button—and no other website. You may only display the download button complete and unmodified on your website and in no other medium or manner. Seriously.
- You may not remove or alter the download button (or any element of it) or use any element of the download button separately. You may not alter the download button in any manner. This includes color, proportions, arrangement of the elements, size, etc. You may not animate the download button or otherwise distort or morph its appearance or perspective.
- The title of your website and your name (as an individual or organization) must appear on your website at least as prominently, in terms of size and placement, as the Java download button. You may not display the download button in a manner that implies that Oracle endorses, sponsors, is affiliated with, or is the source of your Website, your products or services, or yourself or your organization. The download button may not be used in a manner that implies that any product is compatible or compliant with any Java platform or has passed any test suite.
- The download button must appear by itself, with a minimum of white space (half the height of the download button) separating each side of the download button from other textual or graphic elements on your web page. The download button may not be used as a feature or design element of any other logo. Let Java shine.
- You may not display the download button on any site that violates applicable law or regulations, or any site that disparages the Java platform, Oracle, or any of our products or services. That would be very uncool.
- Oracle does not grant you any rights in any Java logos or trademarks or any other Oracle trademarks beyond the limited permission to display the download button granted in these usage terms. Don’t go there.
- Oracle reserves the right at any time in our sole discretion to modify or terminate your permission to display the download button. Duke hopes that won’t happen, but wanted to give you a heads-up.
- Oracle reserves the right to take action against any use that does not comply with these usage terms, infringes Oracle intellectual property or other rights, or violates applicable law or regulations. But you wouldn’t do that, right?
- ORACLE DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED BY LAW REGARDING THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT. THIS IS IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT’S VERY IMPORTANT.
Now that you’ve read the terms:
- Use the following HTML code to create a link to the java.com page.
- If it doesn’t fit your formatting, it is totally okay to modify this HTML code if your modification is still consistent with the usage terms.