The Advanced Management Console is a commercial product available for Java users who license Java SE Advanced or Java SE Suite. The Advanced Management Console is available to customers from My Oracle Support (MOS).
For an overview of the Advanced Management Console, see the Advanced Management Console product page.
This release adds the following features to Advanced Management Console 2.3:
- Detection and warning to the user if unsupported versions of any of the following are used: WebLogic Server, database, or browsers
- Detection of missing or broken database connections during startup
- Improved logging of network connection issues in the Advanced Management Console Agent
- The Advanced Management Console does not display a warning message about unsupported MySQL version in the initialization wizard. However, this warning message gets displayed in the login dialog box.
Workaround: Check for the warning message in the login dialog box instead of the initialization wizard.
- In some cases, typically, after several pages reload, a warning message about unsupported database version is not displayed in the login dialog box. This behavior also depends on the browser.
Workaround: Use recent versions of supported browsers or reload the login page.
- If the database connection breaks when the Advanced Management Console is running, then no data is shown in the Advanced Management Console web UI and all user actions fail. These issues might persist even after the database connection is re-established if the WebLogic Server is not restarted.
Workaround: Verify the database connection and reboot the WebLogic Server after it is repaired.
- The Advanced Management Console agent cannot be installed to a folder with non-Latin characters in the installation path.
Workaround: Install Advanced Management Console agents to folders with Latin characters in the installation path.