SQLcl on OTN | Getting Started Video | Downloads | FAQ | Forum
Here is a limited list of some high priority bugs fixed for 21.1
- SUPPORT FOR 21c JDBC
- SUPPORT FOR LIQUIBASE 4.3.1
- ENABLE GRAAL SCRIPTS IN SQLCL
- EXIT COMMAND WITH EXPONENTIAL CHARACTERS WILL SHOW ERROR IN SQLPLUS+
- SQLCL FAILIN TO LAUNCH IN IN WINDOWS
- SET SERVEROUTPUT ON WRAPPED CAUSES EXTRA LINE BREAKS
- SQLCL CRASH UPON "SHOW RECYCLEBIN;" COMMAND
Before You Start JRE Support
- SQLcl release 21.1 requires Java version 1.8 and above. Go here to download the latest version.
- If SQLcl cannot find a local JRE, you will be prompted to enter the location path for the JRE. Note that the prompt wants only the folder, not the java.exe. For example C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_262
- Java versions 9 and 10 are not supported.
- Invoking SQL Recall for a previous statement which has a line exceeding the width of your display, the in-line editor will be unable to access or edit the line with the overflow. Workaround this issue by resizing your terminal display wide enough to prevent line-wrapping.
SQLcl release 21.1 is available for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux or Mac OS X. (See full Certification)
- If using a OCI “Thick” connection type, a 21c Oracle Client will be required
Installing or Upgrading
All new releases of SQLcl and SQL Developer require a full installation. Download and unzip the file into an empty folder. Ensure the "Use folder names" checkbox is checked when unzipping the file.
Support Production Releases - you are supported by Oracle Support under your current database Support license for SQL Developer production releases. Log SQL Developer bugs and issues using My Oracle Support for the product.
There are a number of different forums supporting the features in SQLcl. When using the forums, be sure to use clear subject lines to initiate a thread and try to avoid using old, unrelated threads for a new issue.
SQL*Plus List of Unsupported Commands and Features
System Variables and Environment Settings via the SET Command