See the Instant Client Home Page for more information about Instant Client.
The installation instructions are at the foot of the page.
Client-server version interoperability is detailed in Doc ID 207303.1. For example, Oracle Call Interface 18.3 can connect to Oracle Database 11.2 or later. Some tools may have other restrictions.
See the Instant Client Home Page for more information about Instant Client packages.
Client-server version interoperability is detailed in Doc ID 207303.1. For example, Oracle Call Interface 18.3 and 12.2 can connect to Oracle Database 11.2 or later. Some tools may have other restrictions.
1. Download the appropriate Instant Client packages for your platform. All installations require the Basic or Basic Light package.
2. Unzip the packages into a single directory such as
3. Add this directory to the
4. Download and install the correct Visual Studio Redistributable from Microsoft. Instant Client 18.3 and 12.2 requires the Visual Studio 2013 redistributable. Instant Client 12.1 requires the Visual Studio 2010 redistributable. Instant Client 11.2 requires the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable.
5. If you intend to co-locate optional Oracle configuration files such as tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora, ldap.ora, or oraaccess.xml with Instant Client, then create a subdirectory
This is the default Oracle client configuration directory for applications linked with this Instant Client.
Alternatively, Oracle client configuration files can be put in another, accessible directory. Then set the environment variable TNS_ADMIN to that directory name.
6. Start your application.
ODBC users should follow the ODBC Installation Instructions.