- Employee data management: Similar to customer relationship management but within an employer/employee setting, the HRIS provides a comprehensive view of every employee including name, address, date of hire, compensation, benefit selections, and much more. With the right data, you’ll be better able to connect with your employees, help them develop career plans, find the right training, and take their performance to the next level.
The HRIS enables automated and standardized record keeping, reporting, and self-service functionality. This can lead to more accurate and up-to-date information management that drives greater efficiency while providing convenience and ease of use for employees.
Data security in the cloud
Security in the cloud has come a long way. Many analysts now consider public cloud SaaS platforms more secure than traditional data centers. With their extensive security teams, up-to-the-minute intelligence, and cutting-edge security technology, cloud providers are much better equipped to secure data and ensure global regulatory compliance than on-premise customers.
- Regulations and compliance. HRIS data access rules must also align with regulatory statutes. Every organization must ensure that its HRIS remains compliant with ever-changing regulations. This is particularly challenging to companies that have a global presence. Usefulness and functionality depend on every user being able to quickly and easily perform transactions through the system without breaching confidentiality or violating the law.
- Business disruption. Ongoing changes to HRIS features can present challenges as well. In an era of continuous disruptive innovation, organizations sometimes struggle to keep up with HRIS upgrades and refinements. Similarly, selecting the right HRIS for your business can be complicated. With so many options and features available, it’s important that you choose a system that best aligns with your business goals and not be distracted by components that may not prove to be useful.
Ten reasons for migrating your HRIS to the cloud
On-premise HRIS solutions simply cannot match the capabilities of the cloud. Here are ten reasons for making the move to the cloud.
- 1. Simple, intuitive, customized-to-need user experiences
- 2. Flexible architecture that adapts to changing circumstances
- 3. Intelligent applications that boost insights and operational efficiency, built with an AI-first approach
- 4. Easy upgrades that provide better business value
- 5. Ongoing innovation through emerging technologies
- 6. Best-in-class multilayered data security and privacy features
- 7. Best practice sharing through an engaged and vibrant HR community
- 8. Expert partnership in every step of your cloud journey
- 9. Design that supports a global reach
- 10. Complete HR coverage from one solution partner
A complete solution
Look for a solution that provides a complete view across your entire HR system, including the linkage between finance and HCM. Oracle built its HCM and ERP solutions on the same Oracle Cloud Platform, making Oracle HCM Cloud the only HCM solution that provides such capability. Learn more
Learn how Reliance Capital unified its HRIS processes with Oracle HCM Cloud and connected over 20 thousand employees; reduced employee on-boarding time from 25 days to 7 days, improved employee mobility by 70% and improved recruiter productivity by 35%.
Oracle’s commitment to making work more human
Oracle is committed to using technology to transform the HR function for greater efficiency and effectiveness while making the workplace more human for employees. Find out what employees are saying about technology and how Oracle is responding.