Oracle Cloud@Customer brings Oracle’s complete portfolio of public cloud infrastructure, fully managed cloud services, and Oracle Fusion SaaS applications into your data center. It enables you to run applications faster and lower your costs using the same high-performance capabilities, autonomous operations, and low-cost subscription pricing found in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. And you get all this while maintaining complete control of your data so you can address data residency, security, and connectivity concerns.
See how Dedicated Region meets data residency and latency requirements while reducing costs, modernizing your infrastructure, and enabling Oracle Fusion SaaS applications.
Discover how you can modernize legacy applications, reduce operating costs, and run SaaS applications—while maintaining data residency—with Oracle Dedicated Region Cloud@Customer and Oracle Exadata Cloud@Customer.
Read the blog by Gartner Distinguished VP and Analyst Lydia Leong to learn why Oracle Dedicated Region Cloud@Customer is the first offering to deliver a full public cloud experience in customer data centers.
Oracle is the only cloud provider that allows customers to run all Oracle Cloud Infrastructure public cloud services and Oracle Fusion SaaS applications in their data centers. Oracle Cloud@Customer enables organizations to consolidate applications and databases on high-performance cloud infrastructure without moving to the public cloud. Customers have access to the tools needed to reliably run Oracle and third-party applications, create cloud native applications, and upgrade existing ones with machine learning and modern cloud services.Analyst report: Oracle brings its complete public cloud to on-premises (PDF)
Oracle Cloud@Customer enables organizations to meet demanding regulatory, data residency, and application latency requirements while using modern Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services and Oracle Fusion SaaS applications in their data centers. Customers increase control and governance of their data and operations with simplified and standardized operational policies that can be applied to all workloads.Analyst blog: Oracle Dedicated Region Cloud@Customer—Experience the cloud anywhere
Oracle Cloud@Customer provides autonomous capabilities that reduce the complexity of managing on-premises databases and operations. Oracle Cloud operations eliminate hands-on system and infrastructure management for patching, provisioning, and upgrades while running Oracle Autonomous Database on Cloud@Customer infrastructure that automates database management and tuning tasks.Analyst report: Bringing Oracle Autonomous Database Into the Data Center with Oracle Cloud@Customer (PDF)
Oracle Cloud@Customer allows customers to modernize the running of SaaS, database, application, and HPC workloads with fully managed infrastructure in their data center. High performance, scalable Exadata Cloud@Customer infrastructure allows customers to run mission-critical databases faster and with up to 47% less cost, as described in Wikibon’s analysis.Analyst report: Reimagining the data-driven bank (PDF)
Oracle Dedicated Region Cloud@Customer is a completely managed cloud region that brings all of Oracle’s second-generation public cloud services and Oracle Fusion SaaS applications into your datacenter and runs them without data residency concerns. It enables autonomous operations that eliminate human error and maximizes the security of your data; delivers truly elastic and serverless services with the highest performance; and reduces your costs with low consumption-based cloud subscription pricing—all while meeting stringent latency requirements when connecting to existing data center resources.
– The exact same SLAs, APIs, and tools available in Oracle’s public cloud give you a truly consistent experience
– Support for Oracle Fusion SaaS applications such as ERP, HCM, SCM, and CX in your data center
– Everything, including the control plane, is located in your data centers for tight control over data residency and governance
– Low-latency interaction with your on-premises applications and databases
– Flexible configurations and low, consumption-based pricing for all infrastructure and platform cloud services lower your costs
– Cloud native services such as Container Engine for Kubernetes, Docker, and Bare Metal servers so you can easily create modern applications
– Extensive application, industry, and regulatory certifications in your data center
– Immediate availability of new capabilities and security updates in your data center once they are available for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Oracle Autonomous Database on Exadata Cloud@Customer combines all the benefits of having Exadata in customer data centers with the simplicity of an autonomous cloud service. It helps organizations meet strict data residency and security requirements, eliminate many manual database and infrastructure management tasks, and support mission-critical, on-premises applications with high Exadata performance. Coupling efficient resource utilization based on real-time workload requirements with pay-per-use subscription pricing and reduced database management allows organizations to lower operational costs by up to 90%, as Wikibon articulates in their analysis. (PDF)
– A complete and easy-to-use private database cloud allows developers to easily create modern applications for any workload with any type of data and using any development style
– Deployed in customer data centers and behind their firewalls to meet data residency, security, and latency concerns
– Concurrently run autonomous and non-autonomous databases on the same Exadata Cloud@Customer to increase consolidation efficiency and lower cost
– Machine learning–based automation of provisioning, configuring, and tuning simplifies operations and lowers management costs
– Automated error detection, correction, and patching reduces planned and unplanned downtime
– Machine learning–based threat detection and remediation helps secure mission-critical data
– Autoscaling databases without downtime enables a true pay-per-use database cloud
– High Exadata performance, scaling, and availability accelerate all workloads and enable efficient, cost-effective database and infrastructure consolidation
Oracle Exadata Cloud@Customer combines the performance of Oracle Exadata with the simplicity, flexibility, and affordability of a managed database service delivered in customer data centers. It’s the simplest way to move current Oracle databases to the cloud because it provides full compatibility with existing Exadata systems and Exadata Database Service in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Organizations meet data residency, security, and low-latency connectivity requirements by concurrently running Autonomous Database Service and Exadata Database Service on Cloud@Customer infrastructure in their data centers.
– Securely deployed in customer data centers and behind their firewalls
– Subscription-based cloud database infrastructure with a choice of cost-effective, consumption-based pricing models reduces TCO
– Concurrently runs Exadata Database Service and the fully managed Autonomous Database Service, enabling more-efficient database consolidation and effective application development
– Infrastructure is owned and managed by Oracle, eliminating capital expenditures and reducing management costs
– Scalable infrastructure with independently configurable database VM clusters efficiently supports diverse database workloads and consolidation requirements
– Up to 763 TB of usable storage supports data-intensive workloads, including data warehouses with up to 6 PB of data compressed with Hybrid Columnar Compression
– SQL latency of under 19 microseconds and over 22M SQL IOPS accelerate OLTP applications and mixed workloads
– Up to 540 TB of scan throughput run analytics and machine learning workloads at peak performance
– Up to 992 database vCPUs with 11 TB of available memory enable high levels of database consolidation on highly available infrastructure
Oracle Human Resources (HR) Cloud is an all-in-one HR system designed to meet the unique requirements of managing a global workforce. Use Oracle HR Cloud to drive operational efficiencies across cultures and countries.____
“Oracle fits into [our] strategy and complements our existing journey. There will be applications staying in the on-premises world, and we need to invest in simplifying them. It fully supports our cloud strategy, supports consuming technology as a service, and comes with significant financial benefits.”
Head of Technology, Data and Innovation, Deutsche Bank
“With Oracle Dedicated Region Cloud@Customer, we can use Oracle Exadata as a cloud service and achieve greater agility, such as seamless expansion, while maintaining high availability at the same level as on-premises. Built in our own datacenter, it enables us to not only provide SOC2 reports based on Japanese security standards in financial industries, but it also allows us to access broader cloud services and tools provided by Oracle and further increase our business value for our customers. With Oracle's Dedicated Region, we can significantly reduce our on-premises costs and invest more in our digital transformation.”
Senior Corporate Managing Director, NRI
“In the early 1990s, there were a bunch of databases and other platforms. Oracle Database had the best database offering in the market. We selected Oracle, and we selected well. I want to work with quality tools, and this is one of them.”
Director of Research Information Systems, Texas A&M University
“Oracle Dedicated Region Cloud@Customer enables a variety of use cases, from migrating Oracle ERP and CRM applications to deploying custom developed applications using Oracle Database, as well as implementing Digital Innovation Services (Blockchain, AI, Big Data) and High-Performance Computing (HPC), all while following the country regulations regarding data sovereignty.”
CEO, Oman ICT Group
“We have implemented nearly 300 Exadata systems for our customers in manufacturing, financial services, construction and engineering, and public and private sector services. Aligning with our digital innovation strategy and our journey to enterprise cloud, we have now adopted the first Exadata Cloud@Customer in one of our data centers and look forward to deploying Oracle Autonomous Database.”
Dr. WP Hong
CEO, Samsung SDS
“We were dealing with Solvency II, cloud guidelines IT governance, GDPR, and more. Staying compliant with these rules consumes an important part of the budget and workload at the expense of innovation projects. However, a generation of new technology, especially around data, represents a huge opportunity for LALUX as an innovation enabler.”
Head of IT Department, LALUX
Oracle Cloud@Customer enables you to run mission-critical applications and databases with cloud services while maintaining full control over data residency in the security of your data center.
Concurrently run autonomous and non-autonomous databases on the same Oracle Exadata Cloud@Customer to improve operational efficiency costs for all types of database workloads.
Oracle Cloud@Customer enables customers, like sovereign nations, to run an entire IT portfolio on a single-tenant cloud infrastructure with physical control of infrastructure and data to help meet the most demanding data residency requirements. It simplifies your move to the cloud with low-latency connectivity to your existing data center resources and the same high-performance Oracle Exadata capabilities you're used to.
Oracle Cloud@Customer enables you to run Oracle Fusion SaaS applications such as ERP, HCM, SCM, and CX applications in the security of your data center to eliminate data residency and security concerns and simplify data governance.
Oracle Autonomous Database on Cloud@Customer provides advanced machine-learning-based database lifecycle automation capabilities that eliminate manual tasks. This allows your IT teams to spend up to 90% of their time on transformative initiatives, improve your database performance by up to 4X compared to other cloud services, and remove many potential sources of human error in your data center.
Global Industry Analyst Perspectives on Multi-VM Autonomous Database on Exadata Cloud@Customer
Robert Green, vice president of product management, Oracle
“Oracle's Exadata Cloud@Customer is the world's simplest path for customers to realize cloud benefits for database: self-service API agility, pay-per-use financial model, high availability, security, and standardization that reduces business risk.”
1 Based on numerical analysis of the latest information available on Exadata Cloud@Customer (PDF) capabilities and AWS web sites as of March 20, 2021.